• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Old dozer , with steel ar sheets and a vast cooling system so i don't sweat my nuts off in the cab . Maybe even a surplus tank jazzed up .

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Had a '65 Corvair convertible and it was a fine little car.

Current ride is an '03 Grand Marquis. The electronics to control much of the cars features are there, but at least they are not communicating with parties unknown.

Ralph Nader made a lot of money ruining good things, that people enjoyed. Can't be having too much fun in a leftist world!

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Yeah, I'd sure like to have my Uncle's ride back.....
    0175626115b15feeb42dd6b0cb67c35a.jpg

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Probably has more to do with the power / location of the EMP than the car you have, might fry a battery/charging circuit in a Model T parked outside, but a Tesla in a basement parking garage might be fine. lots of pre-fuel injected cars still have electronic ignitions, and lots of unshielded circuits that could damage things like lighting, voltage regulators, etc, and generally need more maintenence with less parts availability. Newer cars have decent EMI shielding on sensitive components, and EMI emission control is taken into account by engineers. Modern cars might stand a better chance than people might think. 80s-90s cars probably would probably be the most vulnerable, less shielding, more sensitive electronics, less parts availability, more maintenence etc.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Every time I have a large car repair bill, I threaten to get a Ford Model T as my daily driver. A more modern Model A would be a more practical choice.

Ask, and ye shall receive. Behold the following:

Model A Ford For Sale

1930 Model A Ford Coupe
    6V Positive Ground
    2,000+ miles on completely rebuilt engine
    Original Engine No. A2781755
    Present Engine No. A1544369
    (engine change necessitated by cracked block from poor winter storage)
    Rumble seat with wind down rear window
    Dual side mount spare tires
    High compression head
    Engine hand crank
    Engine oil filter
    30 Amp 6V Alternator
    30 Amp ammeter (originals were 15A)
    Newly rebuilt “modern plate” distributor
    Quartz head lamps
    Original ooooga horn.
    Modern ignition switch
    Dual side mirrors
    New engine battery in 2018

Includes all maintenance records since restoration, oil change ramps, lots of transmission/differential oil, spare parts, some special tools, and several manuals and a book on servicing and maintenance. Title is clear.

Contact Gorba for more details or to make a reasonable offer.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Probably has more to do with the power / location of the EMP than the car you have, might fry a battery/charging circuit in a Model T parked outside, but a Tesla in a basement parking garage might be fine. lots of pre-fuel injected cars still have electronic ignitions, and lots of unshielded circuits that could damage things like lighting, voltage regulators, etc, and generally need more maintenence with less parts availability. Newer cars have decent EMI shielding on sensitive components, and EMI emission control is taken into account by engineers. Modern cars might stand a better chance than people might think. 80s-90s cars probably would probably be the most vulnerable, less shielding, more sensitive electronics, less parts availability, more maintenence etc.

Not sure, but a Model T might fair well. If it ever happens, my FIL lives within walking distance and I’d try out the one he owns.
    Wonder how well my 48 AC model C tractor would do?
    It has a magneto, instead of a coil.

Heck, I could rig up something being powered by one of my hit and miss engines. Some of them don’t even have spark plugs. They have igniters. They use a battery and a buzz box, much like the model T.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    No EMP worries here. Just gas.

And the ballast resistor (if you're still running the original ignition) or the module (if you've upgraded it to the later factory electronic).

All joking aside, awesome car. I was a Mopar guy for a certain period of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom