• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    So, I have an A3 M1 Steyr AUG on the way. (High Rail, Black, AUG mags)

I'm still interested in the Tavor...I'll probably end up with both eventually

Congratulations! !! Your going to love it !!!!

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    This thread needs more AUG candy! The AUG-CQC with the Austrian issue 1.5x (donut reticle) sight.

AUG_CQC.jpg

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    That's a beauty there Clark !!!- I especially like the optics !!! Im jelious :-)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    But ARs are banned also.

So the AUG and AR bullet is WAY different than getting hit by one fired from a legal to purchase today, Mini 14.

I wish I had done a purchase order with 2A for an AUG. I have always wanted one. But I did get a Tavor at the next to last day. :)

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I bought that from Pete Athens (of PJ's AUG) back in 2013. He imported only a few of the Austrian military issued optics. If I remember correctly these ran as much as some ACOGs, but the build quality is there. SUPER clear glass, great flip caps, and a tank-like scope body.

Looks great. I'll probably throw on an EoTech I already have.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Bringing up a long dead thread, I note that one of the problems with working at a gun shop (okay, hardware store with a gun counter...), is processing cool transfers for folks. Because of that, I now must have an AUG. I have scads of ARs, in fact one of them, a .458 SOCOM, may be moving along to help fund this.

Something else I've noticed, not just on here but across the internet, discussion seems to have pretty much dies out about them since roughly about 2015/16, I wonder why that is?

I'd really prefer the green one, but if I want it to use AR mags, it's going to be black, from what I can see for sale anywhere.

Any 2021 AUG thoughts or inputs (that don't involve the word "Tavor"?)

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Bringing up a long dead thread, I note that one of the problems with working at a gun shop (okay, hardware store with a gun counter...), is processing cool transfers for folks. Because of that, I now must have an AUG. I have scads of ARs, in fact one of them, a .458 SOCOM, may be moving along to help fund this.

Something else I've noticed, not just on here but across the internet, discussion seems to have pretty much dies out about them since roughly about 2015/16, I wonder why that is?

I'd really prefer the green one, but if I want it to use AR mags, it's going to be black, from what I can see for sale anywhere.

Any 2021 AUG thoughts or inputs (that don't involve the word "Tavor"?)

No thoughts on the 2021 variants. Magpul now makes AUG pattern mags. Still badass IMO.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Youtube has a handful of videos on th A3 M1.

Here is a web article from 2020: https://armedforces-int.com/gun-reviews/steyr-aug-a3-m1/

I think that the biggest problem is that Steyr never marketed the AUG to the US right. They don't seem to stock spares parts at the US facility. I had heard that Steyr favors military contracts over civilian sales, so the supply is pretty low (and the panic buying didn't help).

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I wish I had put down a deposit for one with 2A sales before the 2013 ban went into affect.

I almost bought one back just before the import ban on them.

I always liked them.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The AUG is such a Awesome rifle. its way ahead of its time. the MSAR looks and functions much like the AUG , but some of the parts are not interchangeable. I have a few MSAR"s and several AUG"s . they are fantastic rifles to shoot ( especially suppressed).

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    The AUG is one of those rifles that you have to hold and shoot to truly appeticate it. Compact and very well balanced. AR fans/shooters don't like the trigger, but it is a completely different mechanism and is not bad compared to a standard issued AR trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom