• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    This was just signed into law by the Governor. It looks like it makes possessing gun parts illegal, and any firearms that were commercially manufactured but without serial numbers. Am I reading this correctly?

(1) Amend the offense of manufacturing, purchasing, or obtaining firearm parts to assemble a firearm having no serial number to also prohibit possession of those firearm parts; and

(2) Amend Act 74, Session Laws of Hawaii 2020, to repeal language that specified the prospective application of that Act.

SECTION 2. Section 134-10.2, Hawaii Revised Statutes, is amended by amending subsection (a) to read as follows:
    "(a) A person who is not licensed to manufacture a firearm under section 134-31, or who is not a dealer licensed by the United States Department of Justice, shall not, for the purpose of assembling a firearm, possess, purchase, produce with a three-dimensional printer, or otherwise obtain separately, or as part of a kit:
    (1) A firearm receiver that is not imprinted with a serial number registered with a federally licensed manufacturer;

(2) A firearm receiver that has not been provided a serial number that may be registered in accordance with section 134-3(c); or

(3) Any combination of parts from which a firearm having no serial number may be readily assembled; provided that the parts do not have the capacity to function as a firearm unless assembled."

SECTION 3. Act 74, Session Laws of Hawaii 2020, is amended by repealing section 6.
    ["SECTION 6. This Act does not affect rights and duties that matured, penalties that were incurred, and proceedings that were begun before its effective date."]
    SECTION 4. Statutory material to be repealed is bracketed and stricken. New statutory material is underscored.
    SECTION 5. This Act shall take effect on January 1, 2022.

https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2021/bills/HB1366_HD1_.HTM

https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=HB&billnumber=1366

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    F Hawaii. I did one job there for DOD and have zero desire to ever return. Let it be known as the Detroit of the Tropics, cause that's where it's headed.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    No Aloha , F them, I had a to do some on site work for 6 months and the locals hate you if your not a tourist spending money, I visited a gun shop Range and I saw a nice 3 screw Ruger 44 and asked to see it and he asked if my Purchase permit , I said what's that, He said your not a resident are you, I said no , Then I can't let you handle it without the permit. He went on to say that a resident would have to go to HPD with a receipt showing the make, model and SN. Do fingerprint cards photos and a fee then go back and pick up the permit come to the gunshop get the gun and go back for a inspection and add it to your registration. As ass backwards as MD is they are worse and that was 20 years ago don't think it's gotten better. I'll never go back. But the local food was excellent .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom