• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Md_PT88

Mar 20, 2013
    I went to the range today. This has been my 4th visit. I went with different people today and I heard that its 1 permit per vehicle. How Ive been doing it is each person pays 10 bucks to shoot is this correct? or should we be only be buying 1 permit per vehicle?

Md_PT88

Mar 20, 2013
    Thank you very much just making sure I wasnt throwing away money. I am aware they have a 50 dollar yearly permit which I plan on picking up to save money.

whatevah

Unregistered User
    Mar 17, 2012
    Wilmington, DE
    Also remember that only the shooters need a day pass or permit. Most people going are there to shoot, but occasionally I see family members just tagging along.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Or get yearly permit at Walmart, Docks or anywhere that sells hunting and fishing licenses.

And some of the shooters display them on their range bags using the bright orang holders! It makes it easy for us older volunteer ENSF RSO's to check if they have permits!

I had a few of them on the pistol and rifle range last Sunday.

Jolt

May 5, 2013
    Cecil County
    Glad I paid my 50 bucks for the annual pass. Absolutely perfect day to be at EF. All 12 lanes full most of the morning and mid afternoon with others waiting on deck. Everyone well behaved

Daiuy

May 31, 2013
    Its a great place to shoot and the permit is the best way to go. Too bad they don't pro-rate the cost. If you buy one during the year the price is the same. Seniors get a break and only pay $25.00 for the year.

HotWheelsUMD

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern Balt Co, MD
    Glad I paid my 50 bucks for the annual pass. Absolutely perfect day to be at EF. All 12 lanes full most of the morning and mid afternoon with others waiting on deck. Everyone well behaved

I went a lot the last few years but haven't been in a year or so. I've heard more and more stories contrary to your "well behaved" observation. I've always worried that one jack*ss would end up getting that place closed down.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I went a lot the last few years but haven't been in a year or so. I've heard more and more stories contrary to your "well behaved" observation. I've always worried that one jack*ss would end up getting that place closed down.

Back in the day, yes it was. The last few times I went last year my head was on a swivel. I did not feel safe at all. Sorry to say I won't go there again.
    I joined a private club and it's heaven!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Back in the day, yes it was. The last few times I went last year my head was on a swivel. I did not feel safe at all. Sorry to say I won't go there again.
    I joined a private club and it's heaven!

Was that during the week or on the weekend?

I found the folks on Saturday (Aug 3) to be well-behaved. A few minor issues about taking way to long to get targets set but no gross safety issues.

Curious to when the problem shooters show up. Do we need to get more RSO volunteers for the weekends or are the infractions occuring during the week?

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Was that during the week or on the weekend?

I found the folks on Saturday (Aug 3) to be well-behaved. A few minor issues about taking way to long to get targets set but no gross safety issues.

Curious to when the problem shooters show up. Do we need to get more RSO volunteers for the weekends or are the infractions occuring during the week?

The issues I saw were weekend. Heavy AR / girlfriend time on the rifle range. moderate (but more issues) on the pistol range. Tons of muzzle sweeps from both males and females on both ranges. One guy who refused to clear and drop his pistol on a range cold, and got nasty about it when I called him on it.

My brother and I stood on the hill and watched each range for 20 minutes and said, no way...

IMHO, one guy cant cover both. And the guy in orange we saw was yapping it up with a friend behind the pistol range.

I went there since I was 8. Never again. I joined a private club.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    For sure one RSO cannot cover all the ranges but I feel most of our RSOs do a fair job. Remember that these guys are volunteers! Consider being a volunteer RSO at ENSF so that we can reduce the 'anxiety' level and promote a safer shooting experience.

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    I went tonight. Just me! I go early on Saturdays and usually... just me. It's all in the timing and when it starts to get a head count I'm out. Usually by 11:00 I'm done!

Jolt

May 5, 2013
    Cecil County
    The weekends usually are fine when there is a RSO on duty. I have every other Friday off and like to go then. That's when I usually see a lot of bad behavior. Weapons being handled on the line when it's supposed to be cold and people are downrange. I always try to politely state the safety rules whenever I see unsafe acts. Most people will usually stop what they're doing and apologize or at worst stop and give me the dagger stare.
    One time 2 guys came hustling up loaded down with multiple rifles when the line was cold and started pulling them out of the cases and setting up on the bench. I told them they shouldn't be handling them with people down rage.
    Their reply, " It's OK, they're not loaded"
    Exit, stage left!

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I got really lucky for a private club. A guy I work with said he was in one, and took me as a guest (we're allowed one guest to take). After a visit I said hell yeah, he sponsored me, and got myself on the waiting list. They said come as often as you like once I was on the list. Went to a few meetings, and got voted in. Took about 4 or 5 months to finally get my card at Pilottown Rod and gun club in Conowingo. I know theres a club around Oxford, and one in Lancaster County up in this area. That's all I know of.
    I'm really spoiled rotten now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom