• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    It looks brilliant. the specs mention that, like the 357, it's made from stainless rather than aluminum

"Monolithic frame which supports cylinder and barrel, is made from aerospace grade, 7000 series aluminum in 22 LR, 22 WMR and 38 Special models. The powerful LCR-357™ and 9mm Luger models are made from blackened 400 series stainless steel."

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    The LC series is great for a light weight carry gun.
    I like my LC9 - people complain about the trigger... and yea it sucks compared to my target guns but this IS NOT a target gun.
    It is concealable, reliable, and accurate.

I can see getting the wife an LCR-9 should she ever decide to carry.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    LOL, no, not going for any “thread resurrection” record but, found this thread after picking up my new Ruger LCR-9 from my FFL yesterday.

A week ago I was helping a bud search for a particular item and in my quest I wound up on CDNN Sports webpage; didn’t find what my friend was looking for and was juuuuuuussst getting ready to close the page when out of the far corner of my eye I caught sight of the Ruger LCR-9. Looking closer I saw it said, “1 in stock.” I know from past experiences (Weatherby “D’Italia” 12 ga SxS) CDNN gets these onesies under all manner of circumstances (trade show display models, etc., etc.) and in total reflexive motion I hit, “Add to Cart.”

Am happy to report the trigger is not obnoxious and quite acceptable for an “orifice gun” and it is quite snappy with Speer 124 gr fmj and Federal American Eagle 115 gr fmj but surprisingly not so snappy with Federal HST and Speer Gold Dot JHP loads ….

Kinda funny as we’ve gone from a “no LCR” household in March to four different iterations as of this morning (22 LCRx, 22 Mag LCRx, 9mm LCR and 38Sp +P LCR)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom