• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I love my 74, mostly because I stocked up on spam cans when 7N6 was plentiful and cheap. Unless the ammunition supply goes back to the old days, I don't see a huge market for these. And $800 AKs in a market full of decent $500 ARs with plentiful 5.56 ammunition just makes it a niche rifle in my opinion.

Someone needs to slap the people responsible for the armored piercing designation on 7N6 and the pistol version of the 74, which lead to the import ban.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I love my 74, mostly because I stocked up on spam cans when 7N6 was plentiful and cheap. Unless the ammunition supply goes back to the old days, I don't see a huge market for these. And $800 AKs in a market full of decent $500 ARs with plentiful 5.56 ammunition just makes it a niche rifle in my opinion.

Someone needs to slap the people responsible for the armored piercing designation on 7N6 and the pistol version of the 74, which lead to the import ban.

I wish someone would make affordable brass cased, non-steel core 5.45. In theory, materials wise, it shouldn't cost any different to produce than 5.56. My SGL-31 is great to shoot but ammo is hard to find, especially that'd pass the magnet test at indoor ranges.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    I wish someone would make affordable brass cased, non-steel core 5.45. In theory, materials wise, it shouldn't cost any different to produce than 5.56. My SGL-31 is great to shoot but ammo is hard to find, especially that'd pass the magnet test at indoor ranges.

If the range only cares about the bullet these should be GTG.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf...r-jacket-60-grain-non-magnetic-fmj-mil-spec-a

IMG_9529_0.JPG

rkouns2003

Jul 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I emailed Atlantic firearms asking if the following was MD approved since I could not find it on the roster. They quickly responded with yes so I asked if I was missing it on the msp website and they quickly replied again asking "Why would it have to be listed on an APPROVED ROSTER ?" Am I missing something here? I just want to be sure before I order something. Thanks

https://atlanticfirearms.com/products/riley-defense-ak74-rifle-teak-wood

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Tennessee Guns sold Romanian 74s in the early 1990s.
    Mine is considered a restricted firearm.
    These are a joy to shoot and accurate.
    I have a variety of ammo from TCW, Golden Tiger, Wolf and Red Army Standard.

Attachments

• AKM74.jpg
      AKM74.jpg
      106.5 KB · Views: 433

rkouns2003

Jul 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Just wanted to follow up and see if anyone could clear this up for me

https://atlanticfirearms.com/product...ifle-teak-wood

I emailed Atlantic firearms asking if the following was MD approved since I could not find it on the roster. They quickly responded with yes g2g in MD so I asked if I was missing it on the msp website and they quickly replied again asking "Why would it have to be listed on an APPROVED ROSTER ?" Am I missing something here? I just want to be sure before I order something. Thanks

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Just wanted to follow up and see if anyone could clear this up for me

https://atlanticfirearms.com/product...ifle-teak-wood

I emailed Atlantic firearms asking if the following was MD approved since I could not find it on the roster. They quickly responded with yes g2g in MD so I asked if I was missing it on the msp website and they quickly replied again asking "Why would it have to be listed on an APPROVED ROSTER ?" Am I missing something here? I just want to be sure before I order something. Thanks

I am not sure but approved roster has always been about "handguns"? Anyway, Atlantic firearms is showing all sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom