• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    what shop was this ? i wonder if they all look like this still ?

It was Top Gun, in Fallston (Harford County). While not a huuuge shop, he's one of the biggest in the county and usually does a really great job of staying stocked. He did have an extensive supply of ammo (at pretty darn good for gun store in a national frenzy prices) with at least a sampling of almost every caliber you could imagine...except 5.56/.223 :facepalm: Not for lack of trying on his part. He just can't get it fast enough to keep on the shelves.

I'll report back Tuesday when I pick up :D

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Gun sales are booming and a lot of new gun owners. Pandemics, riots, and talk of eliminating the police are selling more guns than Obama.

The NICS background checks statistics are interesting.

March of this year set a new all time record for the number of background checks in a single month.
    Every month this year has set a new record for that month since the inception of NICS checks in 1998.
    We are on pace to set a new yearly record of over 30 million background checks for the year.
    Since it's start NICS has preformed 348,252,506 checks the current population is 329,771,658.

Here is a link to the NICS Firearm Checks: Month/Year chart:
    https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

Interesting chart.

So far this year, the total number of completed checks from January through May exceeds the totals for every YEAR up through and includeing 2010.

The Democrats are encouraging and supporting the re-arming of America through their policies.

Thanks, folks!

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Stopped in the local gunshop (not an IP) today and they told me that they have actually had folks come in and buy new $2500 - 3000 Browning O/Us for "home defense" guns when they were sold out of pumps and autos recently - Now that's nuts!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Stopped in the local gunshop (not an IP) today and they told me that they have actually had folks come in and buy new $2500 - 3000 Browning O/Us for "home defense" guns when they were sold out of pumps and autos recently - Now that's nuts!

Lol. The used market will be amazing next year.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I happened across an article where the reporter interviewed a Kentucky gun shop owner, who said this:

“Sixty to seventy percent are first time [buyers]," Anderson said. "A lot of them tell us without asking that they’re scared.”

Gun sales rising in 2020, especially among first time buyers
    https://www.wlbt.com/2020/06/12/gun-sales-rising-especially-among-first-time-buyers/

The same article has this piece of info:

Oliva told WAVE 3 News NSSF research shows about 40 percent of Americans who’ve purchased guns in 2020 were first-time buyers.

Nationally, NSSF indicates 40% of this years purchases have been first time buyers. That seems huge. :thumbsup:

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    We were all first time buyers once. We should welcome the new generation of buyers and offer advice as to where they can receive training and practice safely.

Some may be scared...some may not be allies in the long term...but we should make sure they are not dangerous with their new firearms with not being familiar with safe gun handling habits.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    [Kev308];5929241 said:
    I was able to get 12 ga 3" 00 buckshot from CTD for a decent price.

Friends don't let friends support CTD. F***in scumbags.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I can't wait. Used, and unfired.

Honestly, I think most of these new buyers will wind up holding onto them for some time. They'll wind up somewhere forgotten until their kids are cleaning out the house after their deaths, or they'll figure out that they really like this whole shooting thing and become advocates in their own right.

I've helped enough folks in the past 10 years or so deal with the former situation. "Hey, you know about guns, dad had one that he never used and I know nothing about them, what do I need to do to sell it?" is a common question I get. Usually they were bought right around '68 or after they experienced a break-in or physical altercation. I'd say about half the folks I've talked to who weren't firearms owners themselves want to sell it. The other half keep it after I talk to them and encourage them to take it to the range after having it checked out and see what they think.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Honestly, I think most of these new buyers will wind up holding onto them for some time. They'll wind up somewhere forgotten until their kids are cleaning out the house after their deaths.
    And then they will call the police and want the guns turned in to be destroyed, because they are dangerous. It breaks my heart every time I get a call like this. I go to them and try to talk them into selling them to a local gun store. A couple of the true, dyed in wool Liberals, refuse to sell them and say that one less gun in the world is an accomplishment. Those are the ones I wanna smack...

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    And then they will call the police and want the guns turned in to be destroyed, because they are dangerous. It breaks my heart every time I get a call like this. I go to them and try to talk them into selling them to a local gun store. A couple of the true, dyed in wool Liberals, refuse to sell them and say that one less gun in the world is an accomplishment. Those are the ones I wanna smack...

I bought a Colt American Legion 1911 years ago, a BEAUTIFUL dark blued, gold accents, trigger, hammer safety, gold engraved, had the owners name, years served, he was an MP engraved, gold filled, from BBP. Dan told me owner passed, and family didn't aant gun around. This OBVIOUSLY was special to the owner. Even if I HATED guns, I would have taken it somewhere, told them make it inoperable, and kept it if it were my fathers, grand fathers ect.
    I considered sending it to Colt, they were going to remove the owners engraving for a decent price, then I thought, NOPE I'll leave it the way it was when he passed. Its Still in my safe

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom