• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Heck , if you've been meaning to join MSI , if you'll work the afternoon shift , and look me in the eye to do one more event in the next 12 months , I'll pay your first year dues . PM me for my text number to get you in past the line .

dealsearch

Aug 21, 2020
    Definitely recommend getting there early. Due to COVID there are limits on number of entrants and I was in line by 8:30 and missed the 1000 mark. So definitely arrive 45 minutes before open if you want to get in.

kb830

MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2020
    Clarksville, MD
    Definitely get there early. I got in line at 12:10 and was in the first “row” just after the first parking island. I made the cut for the first group to get in. The admissions is on the small side but you can go directly to the large side if you want. While I was in line a show staff member was on a bullhorn saying keep 6 feet apart and that the health department was “watching”. Signs to get in said masks required. They are definitely limiting the number of people in the building at any one time. Last show was PACKED (Friday afternoon). Today it felt like it was empty due to restricting the number of people in the building. Vendors definitely not so busy today compared to last show (just due to limited crowd size). But i can’t imagine not getting in early and having to wait for people to leave to get in.

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    I went yesterday, pulled in around 3.
    The line was long laid out like a zig zag.
    It really moved well, maybe 30 minutes total.
    I was in the small building, until about 5.
    When I left , I saw extremely long line for the large side.
    I ended never going to the larger side.
    Long ride home to White Hall , Md.
    Oh , outrageous Ammo prices. .80 cents at round for 9MM.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That's the current New Normal base price for 9mm fmj , actually physically there, available to purchase .

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I went yesterday, pulled in around 3.
    The line was long laid out like a zig zag.
    It really moved well, maybe 30 minutes total.
    I was in the small building, until about 5.
    When I left , I saw extremely long line for the large side.
    I ended never going to the larger side.
    Long ride home to White Hall , Md.
    Oh , outrageous Ammo prices. .80 cents at round for 9MM.

Affordable ammo at shows is a thing of the past. People are paying it. Saw a guy a few weeks ago pay $49.99 for a box of 50 in a LGS. Not my business, so I keep quiet and don’t blame them from trying to survive. The owner said they were sitting on about a million rounds of ammo which should last a bit. They also had every variety in almost all calibers anyone would be looking for, just priced high.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    A good reason for people to get into handloading. Sure glad I did 40 yrs. ago. Even if you just load pistol ammo which is more easy than rifle ammo. I'll guarantee my handloads are better more accurate and less expensive than factory ammo. I do all the extra steps.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    A good reason for people to get into handloading. Sure glad I did 40 yrs. ago. Even if you just load pistol ammo which is more easy than rifle ammo. I'll guarantee my handloads are better more accurate and less expensive than factory ammo. I do all the extra steps.

This is true. I just added a .45-70 die set, some brass, and bullets, all were available online a couple of weeks ago.

For loaded ammo suggest using AmmoSeek site- it does work but you have to be patient.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Meanwhile , there are no small primers either pistol or rifle to be had , and the dlr I bought LP and 209 primers from was confident of 6 month eta for large primers .

I did stumble across some 9mm for " only" $33 . Jake4U did get some .380 ( for someone else) for $50 ea .

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I was there Friday. it was about a hr getting in. I normally love going to this show. but for some reason this time was different. I normally find something to take home, but only thing I found was a deal on gun cases (3 for 50) ammo prices seemed insane with a odd exception here and there. magazines seemed a plenty , prices on them seemed reasonable. but guns seemed higher than even last time . did see a reasonable amount of Ruger 57s there for about $715.00 . there seemed to be lots of ar parts thru out the venue. perhaps next show will be better for myself. I will say that the reduced capacity while a pain in the butt getting in, did seem to make it easier to walk around and see more without having to look through people or over their shoulders.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Went yesterday and met a buddy there that had been wanting a Glock. Told him to buy last year but he didn’t listen...

We got there at 7:50 and went right in at 9:00. In the smaller room one place had several Glock models, all for $999.00...

Went to the big room and he found what he wanted for a reasonable price. He’s a VA resident so I was jealous when he paid, background check, and walks out with it.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I wish I could send someone down there for me. I need 2 20rd mags for my new Ruger57.

Good thing you didn’t, you would be a criminal at that point- if someone goes out of state to purchase for you the crime occurs when he hands them to you- that’s an illegal transfer within MD.

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    Good thing you didn’t, you would be a criminal at that point- if someone goes out of state to purchase for you the crime occurs when he hands them to you- that’s an illegal transfer within MD.[/QUOTE

not if I had the person meet me on the free side of Marylands borders and take possession of them, then bring them into the state

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    me and that person take a nice ole ride to free America for dinner and I come back with happy.

It’s nice to travel for work to several of our bordering free states on a fairly regular basis, I get to come back with such things whenever I feel the need. Kind of eliminated the need for shows for this kind of thing, in Free America mags are plentiful on the shelf in lots of LGS and Big Box stores like Field and Stream, Cabelas, Sportsman’s Warehouse.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    This time was an interesting show. I was able to get some 10mm at a fair price. I paid way too much for 300 blackout but I knew that would happen. Got a good deal on some AR tools and parts. I agree with someone earlier. The limit on people inside is great for walking around.

OldTimeyGoodness

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 2, 2020
    I thinking of going to the one in Gettysburg coming up. Has anyone that’s gone to shows recently seen 30 round AR mags floating around and if so how much on average? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom