• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    What do you want for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If not let me double check what I have after work and give you a final Tally. I may have more then a brick out there. Fair warning I am up by hagerstown. But I am in the frederick area regularly since I work close by there

Paul Ward

Jan 2, 2021
    I have never had any Company email me when they came back in stock. I have had luck at Mollys in Galena MD-very expensive and Millers on 13 in DE-very fair pricing.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Sitting in a zoom meeting, I was clicking refresh on Brownells every few minutes and Small Rifle primers popped up.
    Got some into the cart, checked out and was all excited till an hour later, got the email the order was cancelled due to out of stock
    I make a poor bot.
    GRRRR.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Sitting in a zoom meeting, I was clicking refresh on Brownells every few minutes and Small Rifle primers popped up.
    Got some into the cart, checked out and was all excited till an hour later, got the email the order was cancelled due to out of stock
    I make a poor bot.
    GRRRR.

I hate navigating through Brownell's site, and they seem to be the runners up on cancellations, bass pro taking the lead.. Natchez used to work for me but now you gotta go through bikes and busses. Midway is my go2 for trying to snipe some primers.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Me either. The discord app is really aggravating. Clicked on notification, gone in 6 seconds. It’s good for finding bullets and brass though

Yeah, my wife started watching it as "I was doing something wrong, as I was not getting primers." She was going to watch it and make it all better. I saw brownell's release LRP and told her SPP or something else like to drop. I tried refreshing SPP on their site, but I got this J-O-B thing to stay on.

The SPP alert popped and she tried to get 4 in her cart. NOPE, lost them all. She thought she'd split it with my buddy and gain points too. :D Now she said she lost them being greedy and will only order one next time. I told her, you probably won't get one next time unless you get lucky and others aren't paying attention.

I'm taking bets she's done within a week and saying they can't be bought. :lol2:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, my wife started watching it as "I was doing something wrong, as I was not getting primers." She was going to watch it and make it all better. I saw brownell's release LRP and told her SPP or something else like to drop. I tried refreshing SPP on their site, but I got this J-O-B thing to stay on.

The SPP alert popped and she tried to get 4 in her cart. NOPE, lost them all. She thought she'd split it with my buddy and gain points too. :D Now she said she lost them being greedy and will only order one next time. I told her, you probably won't get one next time unless you get lucky and others aren't paying attention.

I'm taking bets she's done within a week and saying they can't be bought. :lol2:

Wow, yeah, you get what you get as fast as you can get it and you are thankful you are paying shipping and hazmat on 1k of primers. You don't try to add multiple. I am sorta hoping things improve by this summer, but I am not holding my breath. Probably more guys getting out shooting as the weather warms and that much more desperate from supplies to keep shooting.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    ...and you are thankful you are paying shipping and hazmat on 1k of primers.

This is what is killing me. I can't order anything else or its out of stock. The fine text says no more than 40# I mean how much can you shoot? My loading spread sheet says my V320 for 9mm should do over 1800 rounds per pound, Clays for 45 colt about 1500 and them 30-30 and 30.06 are 245 - 300 per pound for slower lead rounds.

I am looking at molds for the 30-30 and 30.06 and Midway says estimated arrival date of 4-15 or after. Damn

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This is what is killing me. I can't order anything else or its out of stock. The fine text says no more than 40# I mean how much can you shoot? My loading spread sheet says my V320 for 9mm should do over 1800 rounds per pound, Clays for 45 colt about 1500 and them 30-30 and 30.06 are 245 - 300 per pound for slower lead rounds.

I am looking at molds for the 30-30 and 30.06 and Midway says estimated arrival date of 4-15 or after. Damn

Apparently either a massive amount of shooting, or people stocking family doomsday bunkers (as in a bunker for every family member). Not to mention names, but per the guy earlier in here who mentioned they'd scored like 40k primers and 50+ pounds of powder in December and January or whatever. I hope that is what he needed for the next couple of years and is going to sit on the sidelines.

Rifle is sure more of a concern than pistol for me. But looking at it, I can load up a little over 2k rounds for a pound of bullseye for 38spc down to around 1.1k rounds of hot 45acp 230gr with CFE pistol. Rifle though ranges from about 500 rounds for a pound down to about 140 rounds for .30-06 M2 ball.

I get the competitors who really shoot a massive amount.

But I think I can guess who is the real problem with component shortages. The new reloaders are exacerbating an issue, but it is mostly the guys who have been reloading for awhile, who decide components for a few months or couple of years wasn't enough and they need to stock a life time supply NOW, in case they can never buy stuff again. Of course scalpers make it all worse too.

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD

Did my round count on Sunday for last year’s reloading and shooting of just 9mm. 15,400 rounds of reloads and 2K of factory (just holding on my factory now as the crazy of 2020 killed supply). But I practice a lot and try and go out to shoot competitions as well. As it stands now I will be only able to shoot 7K this year unless things free up a bit more. May only shoot pistol at the next match and ditch the PCC.

I saw this coming and had a good bit stocked up and ordered more when the crazy hit, but not enough evidently.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    SPP went off last evening on Powder Valley and the set price was $150, of course they were gone before the page loaded for me.

It makes me wonder because they are very competitive on selling powders, but listing primers for 3x the normal price. That is not demand doing that. They either are geting gouged from a middle man or as someone stated on line raising prices to hit the bots. Either way I don;t find it very favorable to the consumer, such as myself, in the long term.

Anyone else all of Midways prices are creaping up? Molds, dies and all kinds of accessories are $6 to more more than say Mid South Supply and some other competitors. I wonder if that is the price to pay for free shipping over $50 or market fluctuation costs going on now. I have always loved Midway, but I an actively looking elsewhere now.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    And it was one box of 1000 limit so shipping plus hazmat

Molds like Lee on eBay are going for 2-3x MSRP

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    man stuff is just outta control. bought a box of berger 156 eol extreme hunters at brownells a month ago for $56, now it ~20% more at $66. for my 6.5 prc.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    pv wanted 150 for 1k of primers, wow? yeah midway has been inching up prices.

If you want that price just go over to Molly’s they have plenty you can burn some high priced gas and save on sales tax

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom