• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    email just now from fenix ammo:

So far in 2021 we have posted four separate inventory updates totaling 1.2 million rounds which have lasted a combined total of 20 minutes. We do not expect things to change in the near future.

The supply chain is still a limiting factor and it will not be resolved any time in 2021. Component prices have gone up on EVERY SINGLE ORDER WE HAVE PLACED with our suppliers in the last eight months.

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    J&S pawn in Ridgely, WV had a good selection of primers yesterday................. FOR $27.99 per 100 lol.... I laughed at the guy and walked out. I'll gladly sell every primer I have for that rate if you guys are that desperate.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    J&S pawn in Ridgely, WV had a good selection of primers yesterday................. FOR $27.99 per 100 lol.... I laughed at the guy and walked out. I'll gladly sell every primer I have for that rate if you guys are that desperate.

They were $38/100few weeks ago there.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Looks like Powder Valley was on the low end yesterday. Mass Ammo says hold my beer with 30 cents per large pistol primer before shipping ...

https://www.massammo.com/product/cci-large-pistol-primer-no-300/

https://www.massammo.com/product/federal-large-pistol-primers-no-150/

"Free" Hazmat though
    Price drop on both since I posted. More in line with Powder Valley now.

Can see the pricing change in the screenshots below. Both CCI and Federal LPP 1000 count boxes still in stock.

56c01f1f9d6c6a920dc0d4fc6eee1f65.jpg
    fb061b0c9233d06ff370e6bf7a2dab4c.jpg

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

Did you notice if Bobs/Mulligans had opened back up again? Last I was down there he had a sign on the door starting they were shut down due to COVID-19.
    I know he had powder and primers in there.

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    Did you notice if Bobs/Mulligans had opened back up again? Last I was down there he had a sign on the door starting they were shut down due to COVID-19.
    I know he had powder and primers in there.

That was where I was heading actually, but he still had the sign on his door.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Winchester Small Rifle 5.56mm NATO-Spec Military Primers #41

$59.99 for 1000 from Midway not including shipping. Limit 1 order per customer.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023007962

Often when there is one release of a particular primer brand (in this case, Winchester) at MidwayUSA, there will be other releases from the same brand over the next few hours. By the time they're broadcast on Discord, they might have been out 30 minutes or more.

Eta: now gone. Lasted over ten minutes. Probably because they restricted purchase quantities.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Winchester Small Rifle 5.56mm NATO-Spec Military Primers #41

$59.99 for 1000 from Midway not including shipping. Limit 1 order per customer.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023007962

Often when there is one release of a particular primer brand (in this case, Winchester) at MidwayUSA, there will be other releases from the same brand over the next few hours. By the time they're broadcast on Discord, they might have been out 30 minutes or more.

Eta: now gone. Lasted over ten minutes. Probably because they restricted purchase quantities.

Was it over 10 minutes? Not disputing, but I have notifications every 5 minutes and when I clicked over the “add to cart” was enabled but it gave me “out of stock, cannot be added to cart” alert.

And I have notifications setup two different ways so the 5 minute notifications over lap some. So it’s more like 2-3 minutes between catching changes.

So seemed like less than 5 minutes before gone.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Was it over 10 minutes? Not disputing, but I have notifications every 5 minutes and when I clicked over the “add to cart” was enabled but it gave me “out of stock, cannot be added to cart” alert.

And I have notifications setup two different ways so the 5 minute notifications over lap some. So it’s more like 2-3 minutes between catching changes.

So seemed like less than 5 minutes before gone.
    I didn't try to buy, so you might be right. I saw it for a few minutes before posting here as being listed as available. Then saw it listed as available for at least 10 minutes after. About 15 minutes out, they changed the listing. I assumed this was automatic, but maybe there's a lag. I was refreshing pages for other primers at the time and was occasionally checking the above listing.

I've been able to get primers in the cart and purchased from Midway in the past couple months whereas I do run into the problem you encountered at other sites.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I didn't try to buy, so you might be right. I saw it for a few minutes before posting here as being listed as available. Then saw it listed as available for at least 10 minutes after. About 15 minutes out, they changed the listing. I assumed this was automatic, but maybe there's a lag. I was refreshing pages for other primers at the time and was occasionally checking the above listing.

I've been able to get primers in the cart and purchased from Midway in the past couple months whereas I do run into the problem you encountered at other sites.

5K and 1K packs were available from 17:56 thru 18:05, then only 1K until 18:15

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

I've managed to get primers from Midway, but not in a couple of months now. I have 5 minute notifications (as in checks specific pages every 5 minutes) and generally when I get a notification I can pulling the page up within 60 seconds. Usually a lot faster. About 90% of the time the page already lists it as out of stock and can't add to your cart. About 10% of the time the primer page might list it as out of stock, but if you click in, it gives you the option to add it to your cart.

But then gives you a message that they do not have sufficient inventory and this item has not been added to your cart.

Usually I'll keep checking for several minutes.

This was one of those and after about 5-10 minutes it dropped the "add to cart" option and just listed it as out of stock on the Winchester #41 page itself.

It is possibly my notifications aren't getting sent or that the order Midway is updating pages is causing delays in me seeing it. My notifications are setup for the main primer page itself, not for individual primer listings (for example if it changes from 1, to 2 available, or 1 to 0, etc.). So if Midway's website is updating the individual primer product pages several minutes before the main primer page gets updated, that would help explain it.

Since I am not running a custom script I am a bit limited in how I can get it setup to check (test on the page) and honestly with individual products I can't get the notifications to work right on in, vs out of stock. Just how many are showing as available through the main primer page.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    LG outdoors has the entire assortment in stock. Only $449.99 for SPP's. Better jump on it before they are all gone. :lol2:

I just deleted my bookmark for them. I'll never look at their store again. The run a dual shop under wholesale hunter too. Same stock in each store. Another thing to make me think twice.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    Is Brownells not shipping Pirmers to Maryland Residents?

I keep getting this warning ins Red and it will not take the order. Hoping this was generic for a firearm or lower purchase
    Due to State mandates on closure of non-essential businesses, before selecting an FFL dealer please contact them to ensure they are open and able to accept the delivery.

Pending order for SRP, waiting on the cancellation e-mail. Only took 15 minutes to place the order. at least ten time outs, store looked to crash in the middle and the order is only pending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom