• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i got a handful of timeouts, but then got the order confirm page and email confirm, 5k cci 400 srp.

i always see the covid check with ffl thing but that never holds me up (virginia).

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    The run a dual shop under wholesale hunter too. Same stock in each store. Another thing to make me think twice.

maybe two years ago i bought a bunch of same-caliber ammo from wholesale hunter. price was reasonable but best thing was flat rate shipping, so i was able to buy a box each of different brands/bullet weights to try out in one of my rifles without getting raped for freight.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    midway jumped to $300/5k but i saw a bunch notified on discord, but yeah went quick. i'd keep checking if you need some and don't mind paying that.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Midway went crazy dropping SPP in 2 or three batches and I couldn't get any of them. I did manage to get one brick of LPP though.

On a phone call for work and had to say three times. "I didn't get that, can you repeat that" These damn primers are going to cost me my job. :lol2:

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    It would be nice if they would let you back order them so when they come into stock, those of us who work jobs where can’t have our phones or computers or be glued to them can get some.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It would be nice if they would let you back order them so when they come into stock, those of us who work jobs where can’t have our phones or computers or be glued to them can get some.

I think the issue is that company's can't guarantee what price their supplier is going to charge them when they do get stock. Most companies have said that their suppliers aren't renewing contracts, so they basically have to pay "market rate" when their supplier is going to take an order/ship it.

That said, there has still gotta be a way they could implement a backorder without being charged and then when "in stock" allow people who backordered the ability to complete their order what the "going rate". If the person doesn't complete the backorder within a set period of time (3 days? 7?) then it moves down the backorder list. Probably would be a little complicated to implement, but also probably not a massive cost investment or PITA for the company.

Probably hurt scalpers a ton too.

Can easily limit backorders to some sane amount as well and put a quota over time. Like you can only backorder 10k total primers or something like that and you can't do additional backorders until yours' has been fulfilled.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I think the issue is that company's can't guarantee what price their supplier is going to charge them when they do get stock. Most companies have said that their suppliers aren't renewing contracts, so they basically have to pay "market rate" when their supplier is going to take an order/ship it.

That said, there has still gotta be a way they could implement a backorder without being charged and then when "in stock" allow people who backordered the ability to complete their order what the "going rate". If the person doesn't complete the backorder within a set period of time (3 days? 7?) then it moves down the backorder list. Probably would be a little complicated to implement, but also probably not a massive cost investment or PITA for the company.

Probably hurt scalpers a ton too.

Can easily limit backorders to some sane amount as well and put a quota over time. Like you can only backorder 10k total primers or something like that and you can't do additional backorders until yours' has been fulfilled.

Yes...this would be nice and I’d be all for it. It would help out those of us who can’t be logged in and sitting like vultures waiting for the primers to drop as well as being a kick in the nuts to the scalpers. Those pricks are partly to blame for the scarcity and insane prices. I’d like to see the bottom fall out of the ammo/primer market tomorrow just so all of the scalpers would lose their asses.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Problem is that people would back order at multiple places. The back order list would run to Dec.....2024
    Scalpers would sign on to multiple orders through multiple accounts shipping to multiple places.
    They are already dealing with complaints, I think it would be possibly even more complaints.
    I like a lottery system based on incoming shipments. (shipment coming tomorrow, put in your lottery entry).
    Your a WINNER, you've been selected to get what you want..... :)
    Your a LOSER, try again next time champ...... :(

Glad you guys that got something in did. I missed out. At this point I don't need anything (yet) but i"m trying to buy for another person.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Problem is that people would back order at multiple places. The back order list would run to Dec.....2024
    Scalpers would sign on to multiple orders through multiple accounts shipping to multiple places.
    They are already dealing with complaints, I think it would be possibly even more complaints.
    I like a lottery system based on incoming shipments. (shipment coming tomorrow, put in your lottery entry).
    Your a WINNER, you've been selected to get what you want..... :)
    Your a LOSER, try again next time champ...... :(

Glad you guys that got something in did. I missed out. At this point I don't need anything (yet) but i"m trying to buy for another person.

You’re right...I can see that too. There has to be a better way than a lottery...I’m one of the most unluckiest people in the history of the world when it comes to material things. I’ve won exactly ZERO things in my 40+years of life.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Seems like midway is dropping quite a few primers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and though I seem to be on the page a ton right now, I see available, but go to add and I get an "out of stock". At least twice now when something popped up at most there was 60 seconds lag from when I hit refresh to it popping up.

So either very limited quantiles, or there are 1000 guys all doing what I am right now...

I sent Midway USA and email asking why they don't allow exactly this. His response was basically it would be a logistical nightmare for them because they're not sure what the price is going to be. I told him that it seems like it would be quite easy to adjust the price notify the buyer and then if the buyer agrees to that price to sell it. this could all be accomplished automatically if they had real time inventory software on their web page but they don't. Today when they had primer drops bench rest primers were showing available for over an hour but they were gone within seconds of the notification. when you tried to put them into your cart then you got a message that said they were out of stock. All of this could be eliminated if they would simply upgrade their web page software to include real time inventory tracking.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I understand their problem. Yes, it would be nice to set a list and let everyone get on it. But, ... They are just running a PHP web store with no modules for assigning and dealing with these lists. That would mean they would have to assign people to manage the lists, they would probably get out of control and be a logistical nightmare. Or they would have to pay programmers to sit down and alter the web stores to accomplish all this with some type of SQL database inclusion. Both the people and the changes for lists in the store would be not needed once the current hoarding cycle has run its course.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Yes, and though I seem to be on the page a ton right now, I see available, but go to add and I get an "out of stock". At least twice now when something popped up at most there was 60 seconds lag from when I hit refresh to it popping up.

So either very limited quantiles, or there are 1000 guys all doing what I am right now...

I just happened to be looking at my phone when I got the notification and I got lucky that it went through, I’ve never gotten lucky with brownells or Natchez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom