• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Sooo, I was not sure a store could frustrate me more, but Natchez has stepped to the next level to help with a kick to the crotch. Thanks Natchez!

I wake up today and use the computer and DING, I got a new e-mail. Natchez saved my cart of the SPP that I could n't buy and told me to check out now and buy them. So, I thought, they were back in stock and I got first crack for almost getting them before, Thanks Natchez. Then I log into the store and I am Like F.U. Natchez, why the kick to the boys so early in the morning. Why to set Friday off on the wrong foot!!! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Natchez primer 1.jpg
      Natchez primer 1.jpg
      35.8 KB · Views: 220
    • Natchez Primer 2.jpg
      Natchez Primer 2.jpg
      44.8 KB · Views: 225

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1301332027?pid=332027

Damn finally able to connect here, limit of 1K

Didn’t see those pop up at all. They did have SRBR4 and the 7.62 mil primers for at least half an hour or longer. Considered it, but ouch for the first. And I just can’t see myself running through the 1k LR and 1k 7.62 primers I have in any time span short of like 3 years.

Hopefully some folks who needed them, got them.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    Didn’t see those pop up at all.

Yea they stayed in stock for almost 15 minutes or more. They hit the in stock with proper tagging but I did not get the phone or desktop alerts. I just have the personal computer set to talk what ever it typed on the channel and have it running next to me on the work computer. I just heard and saw it, but no alerts were generated this time.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I got a swift kick to the crotch on those just this morning. I pulled them up, added a box to my cart, got all set to check out, and.....

and.....

Nothing - I got an error page, and the order never went through, presumably because someone beat me to the punch on checking out the same pack of 1000.

If it makes you feel any better I just missed win small rifle mil primers. Site was down a few minutes and they were in stock when it came back up. Go through to check out and then gone. Refreshed the primer page a few times out of stock. Then, boom! In stock again. Same deal, got to check out, and then gone right when I was getting to the last check out page.

It would be real nice at the very least they held it if you click check out...

I get not holding something if it is just in your cart. But dang it.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    5k of those Fort Smith primers, did ya'll get that? They should be in stock all day. :rolleyes:

*quietly removed 25k fort smith primers from online cart*

Yeah. Those ones. Talk about gouging. Bet they get burned and no one is going to buy them.

:-D

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Hoping I'd add my voice to the chorus, I e-mailed Midway yesterday expressing my concern about bots cleaning them out within seconds.

I got a nice e-mail back, insisting that there are no bots.

I replied that there certainly are bots available, and that their behavior would explain the near-instantaneous zero stock.

Well, I just got a really nice telephone call from Midway; apparently they'd elevated the matter. The person again insisted there are no bots working on the Midway web site, because of the purchase limits and checks on multiple orders going to the same address and charged to the same credit card.

I replied that bots could still certainly function within those limitations; and that I wasn't sure Midway could actually tell whether bots were doing it or not (could they?).

She added that there were primers up on the web site last Friday that were there for a long time before the server crashed; but she still insisted those were live people ordering, and not bots.

OK, nobody convinced anybody, but it was nice that at least I got a live response. And at least they're certainly aware of the concerns, and I might have moved the needle a hair to get them to fix the issue.

Last edited:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i have seen no evidence that bots are actually ordering. distill, the bot i use, alerts you when something becomes available (they key on the status change of an item, such as going from out of stock to in stock) but then i have to click on that link to go to the item on the vendor's website and manually go thru the add to cart and checkout process.

companies definitely know that bots are pinging their website every 10/20/30/whatever seconds as i've been shut down at midsouth a couple of times with that explanation.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    i have seen no evidence that bots are actually ordering. distill, the bot i use, alerts you when something becomes available (they key on the status change of an item, such as going from out of stock to in stock) but then i have to click on that link to go to the item on the vendor's website and manually go thru the add to cart and checkout process.

companies definitely know that bots are pinging their website every 10/20/30/whatever seconds as i've been shut down at midsouth a couple of times with that explanation.

yea, I believe this also, bots on personal computers giving alerts but not buying.

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Similar to Mark K, I just got off the phone with Midway today, Tuesday March 23 at 5pm and spoke with them about primers. She confirmed that they did have primers come in last Friday but they sold out very fast and that there was so much internet traffic that it crashed their servers. They're trying their best, putting limits on purchases, and moving people up the wait list.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    I was one of the lucky ones last Friday and got confirmation of my order. $92 for 1,000 SRP. I haven’t been reloading very long so these were needed at the moment. Hopefully the price will keep the bots at bay and allow people who need them to get them , but we all know scalpers will keep buying and selling at higher prices

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    They're trying their best, putting limits on purchases, and moving people up the wait list.

What do you mean by "moving people up the wait list"? You mean the "Wish List?" I thought all that did was notify you when an item is instantaneously in stock.

The woman who called me didn't mention anything about that...

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013

That was not working so well for me and Mid South blocked me while using it. Other sites just did not respond very well all the time. Many times I got the discord alert at the same time.

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    @ Mark K, from what I understood is that is that when you put yourself on the "notify me" list and get notified you are off the list. Since I did not get notified about Midway's primer arrival last friday I will be moved up the list. Meanwhile those that got notified about primers are removed from the list unless you go back in and resign back up on the "notify me" list in which case you should be behind me in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom