• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    BATFE is out of hand. Its truly begun. No arrests. They just wanted the records.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...-company-raided-by-federal-agents-11607670296

From the article ...

The raid target, Nevada-based Polymer80, is suspected of illegally manufacturing and distributing firearms, failing to pay taxes, shipping guns across state lines and failing to conduct background investigations, according to an application for a search warrant unsealed Thursday after the raid took place.

The probe focuses on Polymer80’s “Buy Build Shoot Kit,” which includes the parts to build a “ghost” handgun. The kit, which Polymer80 sells online, meets the definition of a firearm, ATF investigators determined according to the warrant application. That means it would have to be stamped with a serial number and couldn’t be sold to consumers who haven’t first passed a background check.

The raid by agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives comes after ghost guns have been used more frequently in high-profile attacks. In September, two Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department deputies were shot while sitting in their patrol vehicle by a man using a handgun built from Polymer80 parts, according to the documents. Last year, a 16-year-old killed two fellow students and wounded three others at Saugus High School in Southern California with a homemade handgun.

The ATF previously gave Polymer80 permission to sell unfinished receivers. But the Buy Build Shoot Kits, which are advertised as having “all the necessary components to build a complete...pistol” weren’t submitted to the agency for approval, according to the application for the search warrant. These kits can be “assembled into fully functional firearms in a matter of minutes,” the warrant application says.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I am baffled why Trump won't touch the ATF...

Currently frying bigger fish.

Hair splitting over whether a P80 kit is a gun when you buy the parts separately vs buying them all together is indeed absurd. Classic ATF nonsense. But don’t wonder why Trump hasn’t personally weighed in on that detail when he’s fighting to still be around to prevent President Harris from banning every auto loading gun in the country.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Currently frying bigger fish.

Hair splitting over whether a P80 kit is a gun when you buy the parts separately vs buying them all together is indeed absurd. Classic ATF nonsense. But don’t wonder why Trump hasn’t personally weighed in on that detail when he’s fighting to still be around to prevent President Harris from banning every auto loading gun in the country.

It was a somewhat rhetorical comment. Of course he has his hands full but addressing the ATF fiasco could have occurred pre-COVID. Hindsight quarterbacking.

Back to the bunker...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How can something that doesn't meet the definition of a firearm without certain machining operations being performed suddenly be a firearm when put in a box with parts.....?

The ATF is claiming that polymer 80 sold kits which meet the definition of a firearm without background checks. Polymer 80 kits come with an 80% frame that the ATF themselves approved.

This is a witch Hunt. So now all the ATF has to do is find out who bought the frames and who resold the frames and then go take the records from those companies. I imagine we'll be seeing similar stories from companies like Midway usa, brownells, jsd supply etc

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The ATF is claiming that polymer 80 soul kits which meet the definition of a firearm without background checks. Polymer 80 kits come with an 80% frame that the ATF themselves approved.

This is a witch Hunt. So now all the ATF has to do is find out who bought the frames and who resold the frames and then go take the records from those companies. I imagine we'll be seeing similar stories from companies like Midway usa, brownells, jsd supply etc

I gave away all the frames I bought. Thank God....

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    How can something that doesn't meet the definition of a firearm without certain machining operations being performed suddenly be a firearm when put in a box with parts.....?

I believe they also sell complete guns with registration numbers etc. perhaps that’s where the problem there lies?

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD

This is a dangerous precident.

hornbakerfella

Oct 6, 2016
    God's Country
    No politician is pro gun. They might say they are, but they don’t do anything to stop agencies like the ATF. The people Well armed worries the government no matter what side of the aisle you’re on. They know that means the people would actually be in control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom