• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mlj427

Sep 28, 2020
    I hadn’t heard about this. It is a shame. Hopefully the admins will leave it here so those of us who don’t have enough posts can see if there is any updates.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Likely not first offenders but members of the protected MD catch-and-release class. Nothing to see here. Just redistribution of wealth.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    As I don't have WC access yet, it's probably already come up. But isn't it just convenient that this went down within hours of MGA hearings? Or is that the kind of question I shouldn't be asking outside of the WC?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Why don't these places have tank barriers? Hell, Luby's in Killeen Texas has(had) them. No excuse...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As I don't have WC access yet, it's probably already come up. But isn't it just convenient that this went down within hours of MGA hearings? Or is that the kind of question I shouldn't be asking outside of the WC?

Appropriate question, but I don't think there is a connection.

mlj427

Sep 28, 2020
    And why aren’t the guns kept in a safe? I went into a different gun store when they opened and there was not a gun in sight. They said they put all guns away at night it was a requirement of their insurance.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    And why aren’t the guns kept in a safe? I went into a different gun store when they opened and there was not a gun in sight. They said they put all guns away at night it was a requirement of their insurance.

Because for some gun stores it's not practical.

And thieves SUCK.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Why aren't felons kept in a jail??

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Isn't this like the third time?

Second. The last time they came through the roof and torched the store afterwards.

You might be thinking of the tackle box, break-ins are a semi regular occurrence there.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Wasn't the crew that took down United Guns from Waldorf (said in my best Nino "Grease" Mannelli impersonation)?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If something is like a tobacco store that also happens to have a Gun Counter , it's no biggie to put all dozen or so guns away each night , and bring back out every morning . For a Serious Gun Store it's just not logistically feasible to move multiple hundreds of guns twice a day . They will typically harden the building , and maybe put away a safe or two of the most high dollar .

Vodnik4

Between two waters
    Jan 8, 2021
    Slower, lower MD
    I thought the United crew were Baltimore through and through? The three cases that the dead one was on bail for were dealing in The City.
    Hey, thugs learn from each other.
    Shame it happened to Fred’s — good peoples there.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Yup,, You'd figure they'd have some better social skills when your buy hundreds of dollars of merchandise.

Though I will say the young gal at the range counter was very pleasant the other week, I had not set in the store for about a year prior to that. ,, the older fat white guys could take some lessons

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I disagree.

Vodnik4

Between two waters
    Jan 8, 2021
    Slower, lower MD
    Yup,, You'd figure they'd have some better social skills when your buy hundreds of dollars of merchandise.

Though I will say the young gal at the range counter was very pleasant the other week, I had not set in the store for about a year prior to that. ,, the older fat white guys could take some lessons

Yeah, I guess I usually take gun store / gun counter people boorishness in stride — imagine having to deal all day long with people who are not pleasant knowledgeful law-abiding citizens like the present company. It seems they usually have to deal with sleazeballs who try to circumvent the law and take out their frustration with Draconian MD laws on the people behind the counter. In my youth I worked retail a lot, and have some sympathy for them.

The young lady and the young guy are usually pleasant to deal with.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    I have had great experiences with Fred's over the last 30 years. If they didn't have an item I was looking for, they did their best to find it. They were able to find me a new Colt Python in less than 4 days and did not jack up the price. Can't say that about a few others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom