• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Tried to decipher this myself through internet search of MD law but am more confused now. Can a MD resident that legally possesses an assault weapon under the 2013 MD Assault Weapons Ban list offer for sale that rifle on a forum not specific to Maryland with the intent to transfer that rifle to an out of state buyer through an FFL in that state? Example: MD resident lists the assault weapon for sale in classified of Smith and Wesson Forum; gets a Buyer say from Ohio and receives payment from said buyer; then MD resident sends the assault weapon to an FFL in Ohio for transfer to the Buyer. Is this scenario legal under the confusing mess of MD gun laws?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I know it is not an assault weapon but unfortunately the our dear MD lawmakers have defined it as such for the unfortunate people still residing in this s*it hole of a state.

We in fact do live in a chit-hole state , but to be honest the entire country is being over-run by A-Wholes or A-Whores that have won the language word war .
    Just because "they" call it that don't mean we have to adopt their words and use them .
    I too hate playing the word-smith game but i don't want to feed into their BS.

I watched Tucker & Hickock 45 and i learned a few things (Fox Nation)

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    To be an assault weapon it has to meet five criteria...

1) It must be a carbine;
    2) It must fire an intermediate round (i.e. like a 5.56x45, 7.62x39 or similar);
    3) It must be fed by a detachable magazine;
    4) It must fire from a locked breech;
    5) It must be select-fire.

The definition is based upon the original assault rifle...the German Stg. 44 from WWII. It has nothing to do whether it has a protruding pistol grip (the M2 Carbine does not)...It has nothing to do whether it has a bayonet lug...it has nothing to do whether it has a flash suppressor. If it fire a full-power round like a 7.62x51, .30-06, 7.62x54, .303 British it's not an assault rifle as it doesn't fit the definition. Rifles like the M1 Garand, M1903 Springfield, Mosin-Nagant 1891 and others are main battle rifles...it doesn't matter whether they're bolt-action, semi-automatic or even select-fire.

The politicians have tried to redefine history...the same as if they passed a law stating 2+2 now =5 rather than 4. It makes about as much sense as well.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    We in fact do live in a chit-hole state , but to be honest the entire country is being over-run by A-Wholes or A-Whores that have won the language word war .
    Just because "they" call it that don't mean we have to adopt their words and use them .
    I too hate playing the word-smith game but i don't want to feed into their BS.

I watched Tucker & Hickock 45 and i learned a few things (Fox Nation)

I watched that Tucker/Hickock episode on TC In Depth or what ever it is called - it was great. Tucker is about the only FNC person I can stand to watch.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Assalt weapon

Attachments

• Edited_Black_Fly_New_Website_Main_Image_White_Background_4c87b3f5-3e6e-4c34-b971-6e40d82367b4_10.jpg
      Edited_Black_Fly_New_Website_Main_Image_White_Background_4c87b3f5-3e6e-4c34-b971-6e40d82367b4_10.jpg
      27.7 KB · Views: 826

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County

1) It must be a carbine;
    2) It must fire an intermediate round (i.e. like a 5.56x45, 7.62x39 or similar);

The definition is based upon the original assault rifle...the German Stg. 44 from WWII. It has nothing to do whether it has a protruding pistol grip (the M2 Carbine does not)...It has nothing to do whether it has a bayonet lug...it has nothing to do whether it has a flash suppressor. If it fire a full-power round like a 7.62x51, .30-06, 7.62x54, .303 British it's not an assault rifle as it doesn't fit the definition. Rifles like the M1 Garand, M1903 Springfield, Mosin-Nagant 1891 and others are main battle rifles...it doesn't matter whether they're bolt-action, semi-automatic or even select-fire.

The politicians have tried to redefine history...the same as if they passed a law stating 2+2 now =5 rather than 4. It makes about as much sense as well.

This. And I think you mean assault rifle, hence the first condition.

Assault weapons are Newspeak for scary. If you showed 10 liberals a select fire M14 none of them would identify it as a highly regulated assault weapon. They don't even know their own ********, they just expect the world to revolve around them

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    First of all it is not a assault weapon .

What's an assault weapon?

1) It must be a carbine;

That may be a good point outside of MD, but it demonstrates ignorance in MD because it is a legally defined term here.

Specifically it is defined in Criminal Law § 4-301(d)
    "Assault weapon" means:
    (1) an assault long gun;
    (2) an assault pistol; or
    (3) a copycat weapon.

BTW 2+2 can equal 5. You need to use more advanced math like 3rd grade math. It depends on what is meant by 2. 2 can represent whole numbers/integer numbers and it can represent values between 1.5 and 2.49. 2.49+2.49=4.98 which is generally considered 5. 2+2 can also be 3 such as when you add two two's in 2x4s and get 3.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    That may be a good point outside of MD, but it demonstrates ignorance in MD because it is a legally defined term here.

BTW 2+2 can equal 5. You need to use more advanced math like 3rd grade math. It depends on what is meant by 2. 2 can represent whole numbers/integer numbers and it can represent values between 1.5 and 2.49. 2.49+2.49=4.98 which is generally considered 5. 2+2 can also be 3 such as when you add two two's in 2x4s and get 3.

I agree it is a term here , but we should not verify it to be so . Dumb people wrote what you post as examples .
    I agree with you it is a liberals term , but to me they are wrong on more then they are right from .

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    I agree it is a term here , but we should not verify it to be so . Dumb people wrote what you post as examples .
    I agree with you it is a liberals term , but to me they are wrong on more then they are right from .

So we should deny reality? That seems like a very liberal thing to do.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

"Assault weapon" means:
    (1) an assault long gun;
    (2) an assault pistol; or
    (3) a copycat weapon.

Is "assault long gun", and/or "assault pistol" defined anywhere in Maryland law?

Not attacking you, asking out of ignorance.

Saying an 'assault weapon' is 'an assault long gun', or 'an assault pistol', without defining those is like saying:

'What's that?'

'It's an eohippus.'

'What's an eohippus?'

'That.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads