• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Don't jinx it, but I'm hoping the same. Seems like ammo is trending down, and folks aren't buying it at the 60cpr prices for 9mm anymore. So eventually it will come into components too :)

It’s honestly coming down with availability coming up faster than I thought it would. We are where I thought we’d be by this winter.

Now on components, there is a bit of improvement, but not a whole lot the last couple or few months with price movement only going up on most stuff.

Though that sounds like mostly manufacturers finally passing along raw materials increases more than anything. The news sounds vaguely promising in availability though.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Just saw CCI MSPP available on Brownells.. I was able to put them in my cart and check prices, but for $180 total cost for limit of 2 1K boxes, I just left them for
    someone else. They were still gone in under 10 min.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    .09 or .10 cents apiece is the new normal , primers are still hard to come by , everything else seem to be getting better .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Just saw CCI MSPP available on Brownells.. I was able to put them in my cart and check prices, but for $180 total cost for limit of 2 1K boxes, I just left them for
    someone else. They were still gone in under 10 min.

It sure isn't great, but total cost for a reloaded round isn't that ridiculous in the end. Ridiculous that the primer is possibly the most expensive part of the round though. I snagged 1k of those magnum primers this morning. I expect they'll cancel my order, but maybe not. Per the other thread, I have a plan to get a 357 lever gun and revolver later this summer or fall (I've got a 38spc revolver now). I have 0 factory ammo. A few hundred range cases, plenty of softer coated lead bullets for 38spc I could probably load a little hotter even if not ideal. I also have around 1000 jacketed bullets that'll work fine in a 357. H110 for my 30 carbine that'll work a treat in 357 or load with CFE pistol or BE for a milder 357 load.

<500 magnum pistol primers. That's not going to last me all that long messing around.

If Brownell's does come through, I am set on primers of all types for several years. Lets me sit back and wait till sanity has returned and then stock up a bunch. If they get back to 3-4cpp range, my kids can line my coffin with primers (if they don't use them, themselves).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom