• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonehead

Jul 2, 2012
    I have a Universal M1 carbine serial 3382766. I can't seem to find it's date of manufacture or a good idea of what it is worth. Two 10 round mags and stripper clip and spoon, 20 rounds of ammo. I also believe that this would have to be transferred via an FFL correct, as of March?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That's a commercial rifle. Never used by USGI. There are some parts that will interchange with a milspec carbine, but not a milspec firearm. Even with today's high cost on most firearms, I'm guessing it's worth about $400-$500 on a good day.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I think the number you stated is the patent number not a serial number. As noted not entirely mil spec. Not an expert but I think it’s probably north of $600 value and you are correct, it will need to go through an FFL.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    They made 3 batches. First batch is very close to mil spec and some may of even used surplus parts. Second batch was mil spec but all commercial parts. Last batch they started to change stuff up.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    JH Smith and Pale Rider are probably about on the mark, you might even get $700 but that would be a stretch. The more valuable ones have USGI surplus or cast type bolt handles where the later really cheap ones have stamped.

Mine is fairly early, investment cast receiver as all of them do but some USGI small parts.

You may want to keep it, the one I have is a really good little range gun that I don't worry about dinging unlike some of my USGI stuff.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    There are reports on the Internet that some of the Universal Carbines can fire out of battery. Google will come up with a few hits that discuss the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom