• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    So, then where does a spade grip fall...

What if I took the pistol brace off and installed a pistol grip on the end of the buffer tube?

You could put any number of things on the back end of a gun...

Do you see how dumb all this is yet?

29844-1short.jpg

Griptube.JPG

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Does ATF, or any other Federal agency even have the legal authority to waive assessment of a statutorily-defined tax?

Ha! Excellent question and wouldn’t surprise if they know the answer is “No” … and that, the draft of the form letter surprising everyone with a, “Oops, we made a mistake, now Everyone Pony Up $200 per registration!” simply hasn’t been leaked yet …

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Does ATF, or any other Federal agency even have the legal authority to waive assessment of a statutorily-defined tax?
    They have given "amnesty" times in the past when they were up to these shenanigans before. One example was in 1994, the "streetsweeper" shotgun was deemed a destructive device, made registry required, and waived the tax for a time period up front.

On a twist of irony, if chevron difference is ruled as overreach, we might need to revisit the streetsweeper decision.
    Streetsweeper.JPG

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I wish I had gotten one of those when I had the chance... I know they are stupid, but my God, I wanted one.
    you and me both. Never really cared about them until the big hubbub about them made me want one... or two...

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    They have given "amnesty" times in the past when they were up to these shenanigans before. One example was in 1994, the "streetsweeper" shotgun was deemed a destructive device, made registry required, and waived the tax for a time period up front.

On a twist of irony, if chevron difference is ruled as overreach, we might need to revisit the streetsweeper decision. View attachment 379290

Oh man you just brought back memories of the trailer park in the 90s. One of the neighbors owned one, I presume legally, and my dad keep wanting to buy one before they were banned. I was just a young lad at the time eating ninja turtles ice cream bars with the bubblegum eyes, from the ice cream man who also sold the older kids cigarettes out of his ice cream truck, while listening to Guns N’ Roses with red head Carl who lost some fingers in a lawn mower accident.

It was a simpler time.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I have to be honest, but unless I am naïve or misreading all of this, I feel pretty optimistic about our future. The 2A community has had unprecedented support recently with some key wins in court. I admit there are a few more dominos that need to be in place and we still have a long way to go for this all to come together, but I really think we have a good foundation and momentum to make all these dumb "rules" just go away. We might even have a little steam left to threaten the 1934 NFA itself!

Let's not forget that this would never had been possible if it had not been for the current regime of fist beating, fascist "karen" leftists that could not help but let all their politics be about sanctimonious virtue signaling and petty control. If they had not forced us down this road, all of the current 2A infringement would have kept on status quo, due to the near-sighted "progressive" meddling, we are now on a journey of reversal. The left is unwittingly undoing years of bite sized gun control. By pushing their agenda, it is being brought to court and revealed for what it is, unconstitutional. Just like Icarus flying too close to the sun, they are trying to take too much and with too little actual support. I would like to thank them from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited:

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Nah, they will just let local LEOs do it one at a time when someone gets caught with one at the range or in their car.
    Local LEO's don't have the authority to charge anyone in Federal court, can't enforce federal "rules."

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I agree it's all speculation right now. But imma be real pissed if I get a 10.5 lower and then have to register it as a SBR and its not MD compliant if it's under 29". I just want some clear answers before I but my upper kit.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Hmmm. What if you attached a "sighting rod" along the barrel? Say, 8 inches of 1/4 inch dowel?

1662680965562.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom