• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FlokiBear

Oct 12, 2020
    After a lengthy wait, plus 7 days, I finally have a Shadow Systems DR920 in my collection. I also purchased a Trijicon SRO and a Bladetech holster with mag pouches so I could use the pistol for IDPA CO. Everything about the gun feels great, grip, different backstraps, slide movement…etc. Like I do with all my new guns, the first thing I do is strip the firearm to crean off any preservatives or grease and to lubricate in accordance with the included manual. Today I took it to the range along with 200 rounds of factory 9mm today so I could tackle the break in period and zero the red dot. However, I only got off 5 rounds before the trigger group started malfunctioning. I was able to pull the trigger over and over again with a click but the firing pin wasn’t resetting. It was also very difficult to remove the slide at this point to diagnose. I called customer service and was on the phone with a human in less than a minute. Told them what was going on, let them listen to the click, then he asked for my serial number. The representative told me that they were using trigger groups purchased from Taran Tactical which had been heat treated incorrectly resulting in deformations leading to malfunctions. He then gave me two options, they can give me a shipping label so I could mail the handgun to them for repairs, or they can take down my information and simply mail me a new trigger group manufactured by Shadow Systems as they have stopped using the Taran Tactical parts. I opted to have them mail me the parts and was told to expect them by within a few days. It’s unfortunate that this happened but I am still a big fan of the Shadow Systems line and can’t wait to get it back on the range again soon.

Attachments

• 79DCC8BC-5FE6-4374-8D0B-11AAEA400388.jpg
      79DCC8BC-5FE6-4374-8D0B-11AAEA400388.jpg
      45.4 KB · Views: 196

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads