• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    WTH... This video makes me cringe from a safety standpoint. Worth watching from the beginning, but the first 5:46 of the video comes off all the worse at 5:47 or so. I'm actually amazed that this guy thought it was a good idea to post the video as is. He didn't seem aware of the issue at all.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    JFC, that moron not only had a loaded mag, but it appears that when he racked it, a round ejected.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    JFC, that moron not only had a loaded mag, but it appears that when he racked it, a round ejected.

The number of ways this video could have gone very badly due to his poor handling of it in that condition is unsettling. SMFH. :facepalm:

The worst part was the complete lack of awareness when it popped out of the chamber as he racked it. Wondering if he even reviewed the vid before posting it.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    It appears that someone was behind the camera as it did move sometimes. Scary for that person as he was flagged several times. There was a certain nonchalance for someone who has apparently been reviewing guns since 1998.

As an aside, there seemed to be some trouble with loading the gun and its' cycling. He mentioned the slide not being locked back, but didn't even acknowledge the malfunction while essentially endorsing the gun. Based on what I could see, the Ruger doesn't look like something I'd want to trust my life to. But that is just me. Perhaps there is something else going on.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    There are a lot of cameras on the market with an auto-follow feature. I don't think there was anyone else there.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    There are a lot of cameras on the market with an auto-follow feature. I don't think there was anyone else there.

There wasn't. He addresses this point in the comments.

Still a terrible video for multiple reasons.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-16-13-30-54-1.jpg
      Screenshot_2021-07-16-13-30-54-1.jpg
      61.9 KB · Views: 539

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Absolutely zero muzzle awareness. Broke 3 out of the 4 basic rules. What a total dip sh*t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    It appears that someone was behind the camera as it did move sometimes. Scary for that person as he was flagged several times. There was a certain nonchalance for someone who has apparently been reviewing guns since 1998.

As an aside, there seemed to be some trouble with loading the gun and its' cycling. He mentioned the slide not being locked back, but didn't even acknowledge the malfunction while essentially endorsing the gun. Based on what I could see, the Ruger doesn't look like something I'd want to trust my life to. But that is just me. Perhaps there is something else going on.

Some of the initial FTFs are probably at least partially due to him riding the slide. Still, that was a lot of issues to have with one mag.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Wow. Safety issues notwithstanding, you'd think he'd actually run a couple of mags through the gun before demonstrating. That gun seemed drier than Hilary's crotch.

EWWWEHHH. Thanks for that mental image.

But seriously, how is some like this guy considered an expert? Please tell me this was a one-off video and this guy doesn't have a channel and sponsors, etc.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    “Sniper Country” makes me laugh. So does the mention of a “Glock take down lever” as well as the loaded chamber indicator on the port side showing hot at 4:13. It’s amazing he didn’t shoot himself in the face. No telling what was happening with that muzzle off camera when he was wrestling with the slide......

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads