Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old March 25th, 2021, 02:07 PM #3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post
For the HQl the Military retire card works. Does that work for the ccp training?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHJ69 View Post
Sorry, no. I wish it did too.
It does work as a training exemption, but you still need to get a permit.

https://pilot-mdsp.maryland.gov/Orga...rryPermit.aspx
Deep Thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2021, 02:10 PM #3142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
It does work as a training exemption, but you still need to get a permit.

https://pilot-mdsp.maryland.gov/Orga...rryPermit.aspx
Thanks, knew I needed the permit but was hoping it fulfilled the training requirement for the permit. And it does. The actual 45 page portal packet wasnt clear.
Old March 25th, 2021, 02:33 PM #3143

Hey folks my apologies... I just took the class because I was obviously misinformed that I needed to take the class. Again, sorry for the misinformation.
FHJ69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2021, 08:40 AM #3144

I am seriously considering getting a CCW and been reading the endless posts and rabbit hole of do’s and don’t’s from everyone and their cousins neighbors friend.

I am a registered nurse and current Navy Reserve officer the past 20 years. I have firearms for home protection but now I’m wanting to have a CCW for self protection.

My wife, also a nurse, and I work in two different hospitals in the heart of downtown Baltimore. My wife is afraid to drive alone in the dark into Baltimore so we drive in together, before sunrise and on a after sunset.
We have been approached and yelled at through the windows at stoplights too many times to count during the dark.
Yes, I have run red lights for safety.
We have been harassed at traffic lights, during the day also, by squeegee MEN and our car has been hit and dented numerous times. We try avoiding certain streets but these “entrepreneurs” (as the city government calls them) are everywhere!
Recently we had soda cans and other items (even an incense oil bottle) thrown at us while being called Asian expletives and

Sadly, the hospitals where my wife and i work are surrounded by urban decay, drug users and homeless. We dedicated our lives to save lives but we are now harassed near where we work more frequently the past year.

How can I protect myself and my wife? Do I just ignore the escalating violence?
Jazzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2021, 08:40 AM #3145

I am seriously considering getting a CCW and been reading the endless posts and rabbit hole of doís and donítís from everyone and their cousins neighbors friend.

I am a registered nurse and current Navy Reserve officer the past 20 years. I have firearms for home protection but now Iím wanting to have a CCW for self protection.

My wife, also a nurse, and I work in two different hospitals in the heart of downtown Baltimore. My wife is afraid to drive alone in the dark into Baltimore so we drive in together, before sunrise and on a after sunset.
We have been approached and yelled at through the windows at stoplights too many times to count during the dark.
We have been harassed at traffic lights, during the day also, by squeegee MEN and our car has been hit and dented numerous times. We try avoiding certain streets but these ďentrepreneursĒ (as the city government calls them) are everywhere!
Recently we had soda cans and other items (even an incense oil bottle) thrown at us while being called Asian expletives and

Sadly, the hospitals where my wife and i work are surrounded by urban decay, drug users and homeless. We dedicated our lives to save lives but we are now harassed near where we work more frequently the past year.

Jazzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2021, 09:13 AM #3146
inane poster

inane poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzn2 View Post
I am seriously considering getting a CCW and been reading the endless posts and rabbit hole of doís and donítís from everyone and their cousins neighbors friend.

I am a registered nurse and current Navy Reserve officer the past 20 years. I have firearms for home protection but now Iím wanting to have a CCW for self protection.

We have been harassed at traffic lights, during the day also, by squeegee MEN and our car has been hit and dented numerous times. We try avoiding certain streets but these ďentrepreneursĒ (as the city government calls them) are everywhere!

Get jobs at county hospitals. St Joes, GBMC, Good Sam, etc.
sundazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2021, 09:23 AM #3147

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundazes View Post
Get jobs at county hospitals. St Joes, GBMC, Good Sam, etc.
This. Avoiding a fight is better than being able to defend yourself in a fight.
Deep Thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2021, 11:02 AM #3148

The Good News is your Military service provides a Training Exemption .

But the challenging step is establishing your ( plural ?) Good & Substantial Reason . Information on this is available through MSI for their members . ( Hint - If you're not already members , the very reasonable dues are worthwhile just for this .)
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2021, 02:24 AM #3149

judge my reasoning

background: I own a mobile motorcycle mechanic (an llc) with my girlfriend that is established in PA (im a pa resident in southern york co) but very close to the line. ive done pretty much all my work in MD since starting it. my bank is in MD as well, and all cash and check deposits are done in MD.

I wanted all you knowledgeable folk to critique my explanation to msp, whether its too much, too little, or just right (and whatever else comments or concerns you have)

"MY GIRLFRIEND AND I WORK TOGETHER IN OUR FULL TIME JOBS AND BOTH OWN A MOBILE MOTORCYCLE MECHANIC BUSINESS VERY CLOSE TO THE MD LINE. WE DO OUR WORK ON OUR OFF DAYS TOGETHER. WE DO MOST OF OUR WORK WITHIN MD AND COLLECT CASH OR CHECKS FROM OUR CUSTOMERS AT THE COMPLETION OF THE JOBS. WE CARRY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF TOOLS THROUGHOUT MD, ALONG WITH THE CASH/CHECKS UPON COMPLETION OF OUR WORK. WE ALSO DEPOSIT CASH AND CHECKS FROM OUR BUSINESS ADDRESS TO ANY PNC BANK WITHIN MD. OUR CLOSEST BRANCH IS ON THE MD SIDE OF YORK RD IN BALTIMORE COUNTY, SO TO DEPOSIT ANY CASH OR CHECKS, WE HAVE TO COME INTO MD AT A MINIMUM, EVEN IF NOT DOING ANY WORK. HOWEVER WE DO TRY AND DEPOSIT ANY PAYMENTS WHILE WE ARE STILL IN MD, AFTER THE JOBS, AT THE CLOSEST BRANCH IF POSSIBLE. I AM REQUESTING A HANDGUN PERMIT TO PROTECT MYSELF, MY INVESTMENTS, MY BUSINESS, MY PROFITS AND MY CUSTOMERS, IF NEEDED."
zwilliams0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2021, 02:38 AM #3150
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwilliams0408 View Post
"MY GIRLFRIEND PARTNER AND I WORK TOGETHER IN OUR FULL TIME JOBS AND BOTH JOINTLY OWN A MOBILE MOTORCYCLE MECHANIC BUSINESS VERY CLOSE TO THE MD LINE. WE DO OUR WORK ON OUR OFF DAYS TOGETHER. WE DO MOST OF OUR WORK WITHIN MD AND COLLECT CASH OR CHECKS FROM OUR CUSTOMERS AT THE COMPLETION OF THE JOBS. WE CARRY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF TOOLS THROUGHOUT MD, ALONG WITH THE CASH/CHECKS UPON COMPLETION OF OUR WORK. WE ALSO DEPOSIT CASH AND CHECKS FROM OUR BUSINESS ADDRESS TO ANY PNC BANK WITHIN MD. OUR CLOSEST BRANCH IS ON THE MD SIDE OF YORK RD IN BALTIMORE COUNTY, SO TO DEPOSIT ANY CASH OR CHECKS, WE HAVE TO COME INTO MD AT A MINIMUM, EVEN IF NOT DOING ANY WORK. HOWEVER WE DO TRY AND DEPOSIT ANY PAYMENTS WHILE WE ARE STILL IN MD, AFTER THE JOBS, AT THE CLOSEST BRANCH IF POSSIBLE. I AM REQUESTING A HANDGUN PERMIT TO PROTECT MYSELF, MY INVESTMENTS, MY BUSINESS, MY PROFITS AND MY CUSTOMERS, IF NEEDED. THE PERSONAL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE ACTIVITIES ARE THE BASIS FOR THIS WEAR AND CARRY PERMIT APPLICATION."
Only, don't do it all in caps. No need to shout at them! Note that the only reason they'll issue a permit and the only reason you can use deadly force should you be carrying, is to protect life when there is no other choice. You cannot use force to protect your tools or your money.

You'll need to present records of some of those transactions and bank visits in Maryland, and be prepared to show on your personal income tax filings how the money from that business flows to you personally.

Good luck!
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues