• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Some of you may remember i hooked you guys up with the link for some good cheap rifle bags a few weeks ago.
    Anyway, the company that did them listed a good deal on a Mepro light m21 if any of you need one and can swing it. they are 445.00 for either the dot or the triangle version.
    Its a NON battery Red dot. My buddy has one and i just bought one to put on my Kriss Vector. You have 2 days or until they sell out !! Also it says it will be about 2-3 weeks before it ships so keep that in mind.
    Here is the Invite link if you are not already a member.

http://www.dvor.com/s/8f0fp6

Attachments

• mepro sale.jpg
      mepro sale.jpg
      31.1 KB · Views: 341

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    There's a battery powered Wash Out Remover available too. Those non battery illuminated optics have a tendency to have the reticle wash out when you aim from a dark spot to a light spot. Main reason I sold my Lucid HD7. It didn't have the battery life I wanted in an optic and that was a factor too.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    There's a battery powered Wash Out Remover available too. Those non battery illuminated optics have a tendency to have the reticle wash out when you aim from a dark spot to a light spot. Main reason I sold my Lucid HD7. It didn't have the battery life I wanted in an optic and that was a factor too.

Thanks for that info Mopar! I wasn't even aware, I have shot Lost soul's mepro and liked it and with the fact that I had a 80 credit still at Dvor it made the optic a no brainier.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    I had the chance to check out a couple of these the other day, very nice sight picture. It is fiber and tritium so I don't know if it would have the wash out problem.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    My light showed up today, I didn't expect it till sat but I'm a happy camper, looks great on the Kriss..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      61.8 KB · Views: 149

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    My Tavor came with an M21 factory installed. The reticle is definitely made for combat NOT target shooting. No complaints though.......LOVE it!

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    There's a battery powered Wash Out Remover available too. Those non battery illuminated optics have a tendency to have the reticle wash out when you aim from a dark spot to a light spot.

I've seen the same problem with ACOGs. About a year ago, I side-by-side tested three TA11s in amber, red, and green by looking from a dimly-lit room looking into bright outdoors. Amber got very bright. Very usable but it might have been bright enough (blooming) to obscure a distant target. Red went invisible, leaving the black reticle. Still very usable. Green made the lit area of the reticle invisible. As in, the only thing I could see was clear glass where the reticle should be. Not usable. I had somebody next to me verify the problem with green. Not the results I expected. YMMV greatly.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I've seen the same problem with ACOGs. About a year ago, I side-by-side tested three TA11s in amber, red, and green by looking from a dimly-lit room looking into bright outdoors. Amber got very bright. Very usable but it might have been bright enough (blooming) to obscure a distant target. Red went invisible, leaving the black reticle. Still very usable. Green made the lit area of the reticle invisible. As in, the only thing I could see was clear glass where the reticle should be. Not usable. I had somebody next to me verify the problem with green. Not the results I expected. YMMV greatly.

That's very interesting actually, green "should" have done the bestest in that test because as hoomins are eyes can see the widest range of colors in the green spectrum. I've heard of more complaints with people and the amber/yellow dots. I know when I was looking at some LE trade in Trijicon SRS' it was mentioned they where traded in for the reasons I cited (amber reticle also). I could pick up the dot on a white garage door ~100 yards away but in that instance irons would have been much faster.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I had the chance to check out a couple of these the other day, very nice sight picture. It is fiber and tritium so I don't know if it would have the wash out problem.

It more than likely will. The fiber optic transmits the light from the area you're standing in and from a shady spot aiming into say a sunny field you'll quickly find the reticle disappears.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    That's very interesting actually, green "should" have done the bestest in that test because as hoomins are eyes can see the widest range of colors in the green spectrum. I've heard of more complaints with people and the amber/yellow dots. I know when I was looking at some LE trade in Trijicon SRS' it was mentioned they where traded in for the reasons I cited (amber reticle also). I could pick up the dot on a white garage door ~100 yards away but in that instance irons would have been much faster.

Agreed. I expected to love the green. Turned out it would be my last choice. I tested several other scenarios with all three colors. Green could be really tough to see at times, if at all. I hated green in the dark. Amber got the job done but could blend in too much at times. Overall, I preferred the red. Red didn't excel at anything but was always more than good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom