• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    Wow, never seen that before. Any idea if that is an MIM part? Personally, the only Sig I would own would be one of the vintage "Made in W. Germany" Sigs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Sig's response sucks IMO if they offer a lifetime warranty. I've sent guns to Ruger and told them that I messed something up and asked them to fix and bill me. Always fixed for free and free return shipping.

I agree

I was real proud of finally getting a Sig 226 years ago, a smith laughed and told me I'd be seeing him down the road because of all the cast parts vs. steel in the older models

Yes from what i read its a cheaper part.

Wow, never seen that before. Any idea if that is an MIM part? Personally, the only Sig I would own would be one of the vintage "Made in W. Germany" Sigs.

Exactly what i read online from other folks breaking theirs. MIM part

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Darn! I was hoping you could get a hold of it somehow and turn it so that you could remove the slide and make the repair yourself. I love my P228 and P938, but have to share that the front sight tru glow fiber part of the optic came off of the P938 while firing it. The good news is that I could still fire the gun accurately: the front sight is still very visible. I found the fiber and glued it back in.

I know this is kinda off topic, but for the Sig service part. I lost my fiber while shooting my P229 and I called Sig. They got the details from me and sent me not only a new one, but I told them I was going to change it out for the taller sight. They said no problem and sent it to me for free.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I know this is kinda off topic, but for the Sig service part. I lost my fiber while shooting my P229 and I called Sig. They got the details from me and sent me not only a new one, but I told them I was going to change it out for the taller sight. They said no problem and sent it to me for free.

They offered to sell me the part for 30.00 Plus shipping. I told him I could get it from brownells for 26.00 with free shipping:rolleyes:

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I think you should take them up on that last option if you are going to stick with the gun. Seems not bad. The night sights are expensive. You're getting new night sights plus new springs, a cleaning, etc. Honestly though I'm just not into the Sigs. I was with a friend the other day and his Sig was giving him alot of problems. Never had any issues with Springfields ;)

edit: and honestly I think Springfield Armory would fix that for free and pay shipping...

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    The use of MIM parts is an increasing problem in the firearms industry. The manufacturers are trying to lower the retail price a few dollars knowing that most gun owners will not shoot enough to break them.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    It looks like there's enough of a nub left that you could get a hold of it with some vice grips.

Agreed...

I just did a quick test with a pair of long-nose Vise Grips, using tip of a pin punch to simulate the nub. I was able to get a secure hold on the very tip of the punch, just under 1mm from the end. (You may also want to consider using tape to mask the area around the pin, to protect the frame from accidental scratches)

Whether you use the IP or choose to DIY, good luck!

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Sorry to hear that the Sig broke.

I had posted a really sarcastic remark about Sig(s), but, after thinking about it, it really was in poor taste.

Let us know how you resolve this!

I thought it was Funny. No worries, It reminded me of how i feel about glocks.:lol2:

I have the part ordered, just waiting for it and a local shop and IP here who ive bought a few things from has been so kind to say they would fix it up for me if i bought the part.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Posted earlier That I dropped it off yesterday , Got a call this evening that They got it out and was ready to be picked up!

Big Thanks to Seth, Tom :innocent0, And Of course Mark at 2A sales for Helping a brother Out:party29:. These guys Know how to Take care of their customers !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom