• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    ATN X-Sight Night Vision Rifle Scope 5-18x Is on sale at DVOR For One more Day, It has had mixed reviews in the past but seems that they have the bugs worked out with the latest firmware install. It is 475.00 which is the cheapest i found.

It Seems to be packed full of cool features enough that i bought one to play with earlier tonight.

I also found they have a pretty big group on facebook for this sight and any problems are quickly addressed by others and ATN customer service folks.

Here is the Info..

The ATN X-Sight 5-18x Riflescope is an ideal zoom riflescope when out on the hunt. The ATN X-Sight Weapon Scope is powered by the new revolutionary ATN Obsidian Core that runs a suite of sensors to cover all your needs. Perfect clarity in day or night, GPS, Geotag, WiFi, E-zoom, Record HD Video/Images, Compass, Gyroscope, Smart Shooting Solutions, are just a few of the many features that accompany the ATN X-Sight Zoom Riflescope.

See what else Dvor has to offer from ATN!

Specifications for ATN X-Sight Night Vision Rifle Scope 5-18x:

Generation: Smart HD Optics
    Magnification: 5-18x
    Eye relief: 67 mm
    Built-in IR: detachable
    Sensor: HD 1080p ATN L130 Sensor
    Display: 800 x 600 px
    Diopter adjustment: +/-5
    Ports: Micro HDMI, Micro USB, Micro SD
    Power: 4 AA type batteries
    SD Card: 4 to 32 Gb
    Video Out: 1080p at 30fps & 720 at 60fps
    Remote View Finder: via IOS or Android app
    Dimensions: 10.3 x 3.5 x 3.2" / 262 x 88 x 82 mm
    Weight: 2.7 lb/ 1.22 kg
    Features of ATN X-Sight Night Vision Rifle Scope 5-18x:

Day/Night
    WiFi <------ Your friend Can sit with you and can watch on a Phone, Ipad whatever Via wifi what you see in the scope
    Record Video <--- Record your shots and Hunt !
    GPS
    Image Stabilizing/Gyroscope
    E-Compass
    Altitude
    Velocity
    E-Zoom
    Geotag

Package Contents:

ATN X-Sight Night Vision Rifle Scope 5-18x DGWSXS518A

This is a Users Vid that kinda sold me on giving it a shot.

Here is the Vid they made to show tell of the features.

If you Need to Join DVOR you can use my Invite Link Here..

http://www.dvor.com/s/8f0fp6

If you are already a member you can use this link to go to the Scope

http://www.dvor.com/atn-x-sight-night-vision-rifle-scope-5-18x.html

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    So I can't speak to 5-18x specifically, as I purchased the 3-12x, but I can speak generically about the platform generally. It's slicker than whale snot.

From a practical standpoint, the illuminator is an essential part of the function of the scope. It is not all that effective without an IR illuminator. For a combat scope, this would be a serious problem, but for a sporting scope or a scope where others will not have NVG gear to detect your illuminator, it's just not a big deal.

The illuminator that came with the scope sucks, ditch it, I replaced mine with a 1500mw IR illuminator which is an amazing upgrade. It really extends the range and improves the ability to see detail tremendously.

Bottom line is that my 3-12x X-sight performs amazingly well, although it is a battery hog, it can be powered by the USB port by a large backup battery (in my case a 13000mah battery).

In my mind, buy it, and never look back.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    So I can't speak to 5-18x specifically, as I purchased the 3-12x, but I can speak generically about the platform generally. It's slicker than whale snot.

From a practical standpoint, the illuminator is an essential part of the function of the scope. It is not all that effective without an IR illuminator. For a combat scope, this would be a serious problem, but for a sporting scope or a scope where others will not have NVG gear to detect your illuminator, it's just not a big deal.

The illuminator that came with the scope sucks, ditch it, I replaced mine with a 1500mw IR illuminator which is an amazing upgrade. It really extends the range and improves the ability to see detail tremendously.

Bottom line is that my 3-12x X-sight performs amazingly well, although it is a battery hog, it can be powered by the USB port by a large backup battery (in my case a 13000mah battery).

In my mind, buy it, and never look back.

:party29:, Right on, I ordered the 5-18, I also ordered ..

T50 Light

and Battery Pack

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I got a 5 x 18 as well seems like a really neat platform. Now to figure out which gun to put it on lol.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I got a 5 x 18 as well seems like a really neat platform. Now to figure out which gun to put it on lol.

I know what ya mean. I also just received Two SWFA scopes i bought cause they were on sale and I liked the first one soo much I bought two more in different powers. I dont have a clue what im mounting them on either.:lol2:

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    The 3-12 is sitting on my bench at home, just got delivered last Friday. My plan is to put it on my Mini 30 for Hog Hunting down South

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The 3-12 is sitting on my bench at home, just got delivered last Friday. My plan is to put it on my Mini 30 for Hog Hunting down South

I'm gonna nab one as soon as it goes back on sale.

I first checked amazon at the beginning of november, they were $460. They went down to $408 for black friday. Couple nights ago they were $540, now they're at $499...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I know people hate on digital for not being gen3, but being able to use it effectively in the daylight is a huge plus for me.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I know people hate on digital for not being gen3, but being able to use it effectively in the daylight is a huge plus for me.
    I just wish for three things on this scope:

1. A mil-dot reticle
    2. User select FFP vs SFP
    3. A quick way to switch between day/night modes

All of which could be easily done with software.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    This is pretty neat actually....if the price comes down low enough, I might pick one up

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I bought one of the 3x12 ones off amazon for $460 or so this past weekend (wish I'd seen this post earlier) and got it yesterday. Took it out of the box to test it out and I'm seriously impressed. I slapped some batteries and a 32gb micro SD card in and wanted to test it out in the dark.

The mechanics aren't as complicated as I thought they'd be. I still need to go over the manual and the cell phone wifi app thing isn't working right for me yet. I let Roscoe run around in the yard in the dark and I could see a solid outline of his body 100 yards away somewhat clearly WITHOUT the Illuminator attached. Green and White modes worked great. The picture was a little grainy, but I probably just need to download that firmware stuff and play around with it some more, like I said before, I didn't really go over the manual that much and the Illuminator wasn't attached.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Cool

It looks ok.
    Issues with the first video is there seems to be a lot of movement in the scope for an 85 yard shot. Not steady at all. Is this from the device or the shooter? He seems all over the place as far as shot placement.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I bought one of the 3x12 ones off amazon for $460 or so this past weekend (wish I'd seen this post earlier) and got it yesterday. Took it out of the box to test it out and I'm seriously impressed. I slapped some batteries and a 32gb micro SD card in and wanted to test it out in the dark.

The mechanics aren't as complicated as I thought they'd be. I still need to go over the manual and the cell phone wifi app thing isn't working right for me yet. I let Roscoe run around in the yard in the dark and I could see a solid outline of his body 100 yards away somewhat clearly WITHOUT the Illuminator attached. Green and White modes worked great. The picture was a little grainy, but I probably just need to download that firmware stuff and play around with it some more, like I said before, I didn't really go over the manual that much and the Illuminator wasn't attached.
    It is far less grainy when you turn on the illuminator. It's seriously impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom