• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    Waiting to field test 3-12 X-Sight again

I got one for Christmas but had some problems on the first range test. We got it zeroed in at 50 yards, but then it started cutting off with the recoil of my 300 blackout. I think it was a problem with not having the battery cap on tight enough. So I didn't get good video of that test. The "one shot zero" worked great although I should have done it at 25 yards so I could see the impacts better. I bought mine from OpticsPlanet.com during a black Friday sail for $425. Here is a test video I took at home. The stop sign is about 60 yards away and the power poles across the street are at about 100 yards.

Here is the target results of the shots that I got off after we zeroed it:

Attachments

• IMG_1918.jpg
      IMG_1918.jpg
      68.7 KB · Views: 196
    Last edited:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    It looks ok.
    Issues with the first video is there seems to be a lot of movement in the scope for an 85 yard shot. Not steady at all. Is this from the device or the shooter? He seems all over the place as far as shot placement.

Its the shooter, and the difference between looking through a scope and watching a video from a scope that records video.

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    My second range trip with the ATN X-SiGHT 3-12

https://youtu.be/HpNIrONVGog

300 Blackout with the ATN X-Sight 3-12. I'm a little disappointed with the quality of the X-SiGHT video, but I'm still learning how to set it up and use it. It is still in evaluation. I haven't even attempted to check out the Night Vision capability of this unit. It definitely is an accurate gun sight and easy to zero in.
    I don't think this Sight was built with paper target shooting in mind however.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I got one for Christmas but had some problems on the first range test. We got it zeroed in at 50 yards, but then it started cutting off with the recoil of my 300 blackout. I think it was a problem with not having the battery cap on tight enough. So I didn't get good video of that test. The "one shot zero" worked great although I should have done it at 25 yards so I could see the impacts better. I bought mine from OpticsPlanet.com during a black Friday sail for $425. Here is a test video I took at home. The stop sign is about 60 yards away and the power poles across the street are at about 100 yards.

Here is the target results of the shots that I got off after we zeroed it:

Turn on the enhanced zoom and it will digitally zoom even more than that.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    VERY interested in the illuminator. Would you share the link or model info?
    Nitecore

4.5 out of 5 stars**15Reviews

Bundle: Nitecore CI6 850nm 1500mw Long Range High Power LED Infrared IR Illuminator with 2x CR123A Batteries & Keychain Light

Price:$69.95*

Free shipping*(4-5 days) for Prime members

On amazon, 3 in stock

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    https://youtu.be/HpNIrONVGog

300 Blackout with the ATN X-Sight 3-12. I'm a little disappointed with the quality of the X-SiGHT video, but I'm still learning how to set it up and use it. It is still in evaluation. I haven't even attempted to check out the Night Vision capability of this unit. It definitely is an accurate gun sight and easy to zero in.
    I don't think this Sight was built with paper target shooting in mind however.

If you have not upgraded the firmware, make sure that you do. The video quality improved greatly with the firmware update. Also don't expect the clarity of real glass, but it is also night capable, which real glass won't do. It is clear enough to get the job done... It is not a 1000 yard scope, which is why I went 3-12x and 5-18x.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I found 3 different threads about the ATN X-Sight; I picked this one to bump.

Looks like there were a lot of complains about the original model, and through a series of successive software upgrades, ATN seems to have 'fixed' most of the complaints.

There is now a version two of these scopes. The most obvious difference is that instead of turning the entire front housing to 'focus', you now focus with a turret on top. They also moved some screw that were having issues under recoil, and added a battery pack for external power. Consensus seemed to be that you only got a couple hours with fresh AA batteries, with the power pack should last at 12+ hours.

I got interested in this scope while looking for some binos that record, I think even using it just as a video / recordable spotting scope that's a cool feature. Your friends with the ap can watch you shoot real time. Great for training folks too.

I'm still undecided.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I found 3 different threads about the ATN X-Sight; I picked this one to bump.

Looks like there were a lot of complains about the original model, and through a series of successive software upgrades, ATN seems to have 'fixed' most of the complaints.

There is now a version two of these scopes. The most obvious difference is that instead of turning the entire front housing to 'focus', you now focus with a turret on top. They also moved some screw that were having issues under recoil, and added a battery pack for external power. Consensus seemed to be that you only got a couple hours with fresh AA batteries, with the power pack should last at 12+ hours.

I got interested in this scope while looking for some binos that record, I think even using it just as a video / recordable spotting scope that's a cool feature. Your friends with the ap can watch you shoot real time. Great for training folks too.

I'm still undecided.

I have been a total slacker with this sight.. I bought it, bought the power pack a larger light mounted the light and scope on the AR upper, then let it sit. Ill get to it one day as i get closer to getting the lower finished for that rifle. I will say its DAMN heavy on the 24inch fluted upper. :lol2:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have been a total slacker with this sight.. I bought it, bought the power pack a larger light mounted the light and scope on the AR upper, then let it sit. Ill get to it one day as i get closer to getting the lower finished for that rifle. I will say its DAMN heavy on the 24inch fluted upper. :lol2:

Throw that sucker on a 16'' 300 blk for some hog fun.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Throw that sucker on a 16'' 300 blk for some hog fun.

I sold that Upper, it was a 10.5 300Blk out, but i disliked the pistol AR's once i built a new and played with them. I do however have a 7.62x39 upper, 10.5 with a Fax suppressor that makes it 16.5. I am working the bugs out of it, it seems to be doing well for a build in that round, as i play with it more it seem to work better. but it feeds great

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I had one for a minute or so. I traded for it, but it would shut off after every shot on my AR. Had to pull the batteries to get it to turn back on. ATN would cover it under warranty, but I didn't want to deal with it and the other party offered to take it back so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom