• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    I heard last Saturday there were over 1500 cars there. About 8 lambo's lined up side by side alone

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I haven't been since early last year, but a buddy of mine goes most weeks and he says this year has been crazy. A large increase in the number and quality of cars. Hopefully I'll get out there this year.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Bumping an old thread. How is this event? They still do it?

I visited a friend of mine out in Frederick two weekends ago and he wanted to check out Cars/Coffee in Frederick behind the Advanced Auto.

Low turnout, mostly dime a dozen import cars and everyone looked like they just graduated high school. I gotta admit, I'm not too interested in the "car scene" anymore, ran into too many less than 30 year olds trying to impress one another, chip on their shoulder attitude's, and this was just like a repeat only with even more younger kids.

I have a "hot rod" I take to local cruise ins and the two I attend regularly are the Jimmy Cone in Mt. Airy on first and third Saturday's (big one that fills the Food Lion parking lot on a nice evening) and the Golden Gears sponsored one behind the Westview Cinemas on the 2nd and fourth Saturday's. The latter is growing with lots of places to eat. Both have DJs. You can find any/all shows/cruise ins at this site.

Shows: http://capitalcruisin.com/shows.html
    Cruise ins By state and city: http://capitalcruisin.com/cruisein.html

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Judging by the replies the Hunt Valley cars sounds good, I'd like take the time to go as a spectator at least once this year.

I've just never been big car show guy. Gave up OC cruising weeks a decade ago, and the one and only time I beared through a 2 day show once as a participant was too boring for me.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Judging by the replies the Hunt Valley cars sounds good, I'd like take the time to go as a spectator at least once this year.

I've just never been big car show guy. Gave up OC cruising weeks a decade ago, and the one and only time I beared through a 2 day show once as a participant was too boring for me.

I haven't been to Hunt Valley, sounds like a big one. I don't do shows much either, don't like spending all that time. Cruise ins are nice, show up whenever, leave whenever. If you're close to Mt. Airy, Jimmy Cone is a good one and been around for a long time. There are some unusual things at times, a stunning Packard 8 comes to mind. Also, there were six Panteras showed up on one night but overall doesn't sound as big or exotic as the one you're discussing.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    To clarify, Cars and Coffee is not a car show; there are no prizes, no music. Its a social gathering of car enthusiasts from all walks. You can stay for as long or as little as you like. You can walk right up to that guy that owns that Ferrari or Lamborghini and ask him whatever you want about his car and odds are he'll talk with you at length.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    To clarify, Cars and Coffee is not a car show; there are no prizes, no music. Its a social gathering of car enthusiasts from all walks. You can stay for as long or as little as you like. You can walk right up to that guy that owns that Ferrari or Lamborghini and ask him whatever you want about his car and odds are he'll talk with you at length.

:rolleyes::lol2:

Same thing in my book. There are cars, and people show them.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    :rolleyes::lol2:

Same thing in my book. There are cars, and people show them.

Not even close to being correct. When you participate in a car show, you are locked in until the voting is over and you really shouldn't leave. Cars and Coffee is just an organized place where like minded people gather to talk about and look at cars. A car show usually last a good part of the day, Cars and Coffee lasts 2-2.5 hours and you can leave when you want.

Not close to the same.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Sorry, I use the term "Car show" very loosely and probably incorrect to most die hard automotive people since I am 99% a spectator.

Example: I would say "car show" at a 'touch a truck' day at some Church, or 'car show' when there is some sort of charity gathering, parking lot cruise in event and whatever else.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Saw this there last month.

'53 Pontiac. Needs a little buffing! :lol2:

Attachments

• IMG_1154 (1).JPG
      IMG_1154 (1).JPG
      67.5 KB · Views: 125

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics