• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    So I'm looking into both of these rifles for my next purchase. It will mostly be for plinking and to expand my collection a little. Due to a limited budget I can only pick one and cannot spend any more then around 700$.

CZ 527

Pros: 7.62x39, A bolt action (I only have a Mosin), wood stock, light.
    Cons: Mags are 40-50$ and only 5 rounds.

C308

Pros: Semi auto in 308, I like the history and operating system, more customization options than the CZ, cheap mags.
    Cons: Heavy, less accurate.

I don't own any guns in either caliber and I've already got my defensive guns set up so these are just for fun.

Thoughts or opinions?

Any IPs have these in stock?

I'm off Monday and Tuesday to stop by a shop.

Thanks!

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    I have both, I love both. IF I had to choose one, I'd go with the cz. It is unbelievable how accurate it is with steel cased ammo. The iron sights are dead on. It is very light, yet recoil is practically nonexistent. It also a little known feature that if you push the trigger foward, it sets at 2 pounds with no take up resulting in one of the nicest trigger pulls I've ever felt in a stock rifle.

If you live in the Harford area, I'd be more then glad to meet up with you at a range so you can handle and shoot both.

I think however, that the C308 is banned in MD as a copy cat. Im not sure if MSP's newest ruling that the list being non-binding affects that.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The C308 is not banned. That list is only for guidence and the CETME is not on the enumerated list of banned ALGs. Nor is it a copy of one. It also does not fail the copycat test. Several IPs I know of are selling them.

These are two incredibly different rifles. CZ makes fine rifles and you cannot go wrong with one.

I have the C308 and it is definately fun to shoot, not very accurate. But a lot more of fun.

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    The C308 is not banned. That list is only for guidence and the CETME is not on the enumerated list of banned ALGs. Nor is it a copy of one. It also does not fail the copycat test. Several IPs I know of are selling them.

These are two incredibly different rifles. CZ makes fine rifles and you cannot go wrong with one.

I have the C308 and it is definately fun to shoot, not very accurate. But a lot more of fun.

Nice to know, I may pick up another! The C308 is a very fun gun, hell the brass ejection alone could take down a small mammal.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Don't expect to reload brass from a C308 from what I've heard. Beats it up real good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    I say neither, buy the cz550 in 308 and have the best of both, especially if you get the target version (psst, I have one nib for sale)

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    Thanks for the info guys! I hate these kind of decisions, why didn't I win the lotto?

Follow up question: Which one has more customization options? I know the c308 can have wood furniture but that's about it. I know stock is probably better but I can't help myself.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I might want to sell my C308. It's nice, but I want that money for my Ruger precision lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      79.7 KB · Views: 643

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    Thanks! That's one of my babies. I also put on a muzzle brake on it. Oh I will pm you if decided to but it will be sold with all the upgrades and the scope, it will be north of a thousand.

OK I'll keep that in mind. Either way it looks great!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I'd go for one of the CZs. Super quality and accurate. Either the 7.62x39 or the .308 mentioned. I love my 7.62x39 carbine. Duffys had one a week or so ago, give them a call, or 2ASales is a stocking dealer.

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    The other question would be which is more likely to be banned? I was thinking the c308 for that but I don't know.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    The other question would be which is more likely to be banned? I was thinking the c308 for that but I don't know.

I would say the C308, and that's one of my reasons still holding it off of selling it. Now aday, get them while you can because you never know what's next. Love my c308

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    I would say the C308, and that's one of my reasons still holding it off of selling it. Now aday, get them while you can because you never know what's next. Love my c308

Yep. That's what I was thinking. I think I'm going to hunt around to see what IP has one in stock to fondle when I'm running around Tuesday.

If anyone has one in stock please let me know, I'm willing to travel a bit for one especially if it helps out someone on here.

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    Get both they are two completely different rifles, they were designed for two different things. So trying to compare them is pointless. :D Yes I love my C308:D

I wish I could! But I only have the funds for one of them. :( I've spent the last couple of hours looking at reviews and youtube videos on both of these rifles and I have to say I think I'm going to pick up the c308. I think I'll have more fun with it and it'll be more versatile for me in the long run. The CZ looks awesome, but I don't hunt and I wouldn't be able to out quality optics on it for quite some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom