• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    http://dro.ps/b/2VSfx79

I ordered this light, it's not perfect but addresses my top needs and wants in a flashlight.

armytek_wizard_pro_2_nvcd-yf.jpg

The company talks (with a wicked German accent) about it in this video as a 'prototype' near the end; but watch the entire 2 minute video, he says '... so ven yours honds are sloppy, good grip...' Too funny:

Here's what I like:
    - Its solidly made, very tough, waterproof
    - Uses the ideal battery for a light this size 18650 (one)
    - Uses the ideal LED for this package, power, etc.
    - The various modes are great, on super low it can run for something like 40 days
    - Super bright, it meets my minimum brightness (1000+ lumens) for 'tactical' use
    - Amazon and spec sheet say its 2300 lumens (people argue about this is measured, so YMMV)
    - I love the 90 degree light head, this is the same concept for military flashlight for many decades, works great just hooking it to your shirt or jacket pocket.
    - Has a magnetic base, so you can stick it to your car while changing a tire, or under the hood, or any where else thats metal
    - Comes with both a pocket clip, and a head strap, so its the best of both, a pocket/belt light, and can keep the head strap in your 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429

1969Boss429_title-520x245.jpg

Here's what I don't like:
    - Its expensive, but often you do get what you pay for. I searched all over and this light sells for $100 just about everywhere. So at ~ $80 it really is a good deal.
    - Has had a number of complaints by a few folks; but the company warranty is solid so they say.
    - This is like the MDShooters of the flashlight world, these guys have about 163 posts discussing every aspect of this light, most really like it: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?414744-Armytek-XHP-50-Headlamp-1600-lumen/page6

set-wizard-pro.png

They are currently offering it in 'warm' and 'white' LED tones. In a nutshell, 'warm' is preferred by more people that walk around in the woods because it helps to differentiate between greens and browns (trees, leaves, dirt, bark, etc.); but for indoors (white walls) and snow covered ground, I think 'white' appears a tad bit brighter and seems better for everything else. Either is good, I went with 'white'. You get to choose the tone on checkout.

To order the flashlight for $80 - click here: http://dro.ps/b/2VSfx79

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Alternatively you can buy it directly from the company for $100: https://www.armytek.com/products/fl...rmytek-wizard-pro-v3-xhp-50-white-silver.html

51AR3VKjigL.jpg

Armytek Wizard Pro v3 XHP50 (White) Silver -2300 Lumens

Side switch for comfortable one-hand operation and easy modes switching with advanced operation
    Comfortable headband for reliable fixation of the flashlight it wont slip even while youre running
    Solid body without long wires, weak rubber connectors and unnecessary boxes
    Removable magnet in the tailcap, removable clip, strong lanyard and possibility of tail-stand for multipurpose use
    Compact and light-weight flashlight of guaranteed durability stands up harsh impacts and falling from 10 meters
    Total protection from water, dirt and dust penetration - flashlight continues to work even at the depth of 10 meters
    LED light output: 2300lm
    Beam distance: 108m
    Peak Beam Intensity : 2900 cd
    LED: Cree XHP50
    Optics : TIR-optics
    Hotspot: 70
    Spill: 120
    Hotspot diameter at 5 meters: 7 m
    Impact-resistant glass lens with sapphire and anti-reflection coating
    Body material : Aircraft-grade aluminium
    Body anti-abrasive finish : Premium type III hard anodizing 400HV
    Premium antislipping matt surface treatment:
    Body color: Mat Black
    Bezel material: Stainless steel with ultrahard titanium coating
    Battery Type: 1x18650 Li-Ion 3400mAh

Dimensions & Weight
    Length: 108mm
    Body diameter: 24.5mm
    Head diameter: 29mm
    Weight (without batteries): 59g

Output levels and runtimes:
    Turbo2 = 2300 (1h), Turbo1 = 1250lm (1h40min), 500lm (4h10min),210lm (10h40in), 40lm (50h), 7lm (12d), 2lm (40d), 0.25lm (200d), Strobe3: 10Hz, Turbo2, 2h; Strobe2: 1Hz, Turbo2, 3.5h; Strobe2: 1Hz, Main2, 35h

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Will it melt the vinyl siding on your neighbor's house?

Nope.

There are much brighter lights available, but they are all much bigger.

This one is using the right LED, the right battery and chipset to optimize this size light. There are several others like, olight, Surefire, Streamlight, Nightcore, etc. that make very similar and competitive lights. But what makes this one really exceptional is that it combines all of these best features and has the angled light head 90º. And comes with a head harness, so it is the best of both a headlamp and a belt or pocket light.

Finding it on MassDrop is quite lucky too, because when they buy a product in bulk like this, you get the best possible deal. Looks like it comes will all the accessories and its legitimately 20% cheaper than anywhere else I could find it. So for that ~$80 it's delivered.

Best deal in everyday carry, car, hiking, SHTF, flashlights going today.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Todbiker, or anyone else that also owns one, I'm ready to compare notes.

This light exceeded my very high expectations.

The deep pocket clip makes it very easy and secure to clip it to pants pocket or wear it 'on' clipped to my shirt, even t-shirt.

I've adapted a grip to hold and actuate the light while shooting. It's not as good as some others for this purpose, and not even close to as good as a weapon mounted light for shooting; but it works quite well.

100% recommended.

Last edited:

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Todbiker, or anyone else that also owns one, I'm ready to compare notes.

This light exceeded my very high expectations.

The deep pocket clip makes it very easy and secure to clip it to pants pocket or wear it 'on' clipped to my shirt, even t-shirt.

I've adapted a grip to hold and actuate the light while shooting. It's not as good as some others for this purpose, and not even close to as good as a weapon mounted light for shooting; but it works quite well.

100% recommended.

To be honest, it's been sitting on top my monitor stand since receiving it and playing around with it. I have a few small olight s10's that are by the front door for walking the dogs and this one hasn't made it into the rotation yet.

The size and ergonomics are nice. Sorry for the lack of facts, but didn't want you to think I was blowing off your request. :o

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Lost my light this past weekend!

If I wear jeans, I typically just slip it into my back pocket; carry it almost everywhere and at the AAFG range, I sat down a few times during the IDPA match. Also used the bathroom in the club house, but probably would have heard it fall if I lost it in there. Probably dropped it in the dirt while sitting in a chair waiting my turn to shoot.

I have no hope that someone will return it, not being discussed on the IDPA email threads. It's such a great light, I plan to buy another one if MassDrop offers it again, good chance they eventually will. I should have used a safety lanyard, my mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom