• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Didn't there used to be one around the Tysons corner area?

Ranger Surplus prices were crazy, you'll saved money even if you mail ordered stuff over the buy items there.

I dropped into a couple Military surplus store outside Ft Hood Texas last year. They had a wide selection of everything from Vietnam Era to the current issue but you had to know what was over priced and what was a good deal and then haggle to get the price right. I saw a lots of the new multicam gear at or near retail when it looked new it was used I wouldn't pay more then 1/4 of what they were asking.

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    Thanks, wasn't sure if they were still open but I guess with those profit margins, they are.

Ranger Surplus prices were crazy, you'll saved money even if you mail ordered stuff over the buy items there.

I dropped into a couple Military surplus store outside Ft Hood Texas last year. They had a wide selection of everything from Vietnam Era to the current issue but you had to know what was over priced and what was a good deal and then haggle to get the price right. I saw a lots of the new multicam gear at or near retail when it looked new it was used I wouldn't pay more then 1/4 of what they were asking.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    keepshooting is mail order only and they wouldn't let me do a local pickup the last time I ordered. Walk-in by appointment only for firearms.

Its possible the item you wanted was only available out of their PA Warehouse.

I haven't had issue picking up items.

Note Keepshooting does really have a store front, I would call and ask if a item was available and if you could pick it up. Think they will work with you but be flexible.

They been very good to me and glad they are still open. If I have more free money I would pick up a lot more. They have a great web site that has new issues added every few days. WWW.keepshooting.com

Last edited:

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Anybody remember Surplus Plus in Langley Park. Man as a kid that was my favorite place to go and them walk down to the carvel and het a banana barge.

The good old days.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    When I was a kid (early eighties) we had a small surplus store in the Pointer Ridge (South Bowie) shopping center. They had butterfly knives, nunchakus, throwing stars, machetes, etc. I loved that place. Bought this knife there and still have it.

DSC00746_zps87edb9b2.jpg

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Long way from Baltimore but there is Surplus City in LaVale. I get ammo cans there when I visit in laws

Eng

CCW UT
    Jan 11, 2017
    Scaggsville, Ocean City
    I remember the place in langley pk next hechingers. how about Sonny's in waverly? the big outdoor/surplus store in downtown baltimore heading up to northest part of town, Harford Rd i think. the basement had a treasure trove of surplus but of course not much weapon related because of the city.

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    I remember the place in langley pk next hechingers. how about Sonny's in waverly? the big outdoor/surplus store in downtown baltimore heading up to northest part of town, Harford Rd i think. the basement had a treasure trove of surplus but of course not much weapon related because of the city.

Sonny's was great, "TRUE" surplus from bug spray, boot polish, USGI canteens, chow kits, KABARs ect. Garand tools as well as complete Garands for cheap, no import stamps.

What's called a surplus store :rolleyes: nowadays are nothing more than overpriced dollar stores with Chinese junk. :mad54:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

You're talking about H&H Surplus. It's still there. More of an outdoor/camping store now. They do still have surplus in the basement.

Eng

CCW UT
    Jan 11, 2017
    Scaggsville, Ocean City
    yeah that's it! i saw article couple months that they were moving. Don't know if it happened yet. I would only hit it on saturdays before the crack trade opened for the day.

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    H&H inside the city is pretty cool. People are saying it is in a bad neighborhood, but I didn't think so. Not the best, but I wouldn't be afraid there during business hours. You may see a drunk homeless man, but I hope that isn't too much to trigger you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom