• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    Say this quasi-shelter in place extends to September...hypothetically, no more deer/archery season (on public land)?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I give it 2 weeks then they will see how bad the lack of running business will go when people unemployed start hitting the ER just like the Illegals do.
    Unfortunatly, its what the Dems want to create socialized medicine

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    According to the link from Delaware, hunting and stuff is not cancelled in the declared emergency. I think I read that link properly.

Not sure about MD or other states.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I give it 2 weeks then they will see how bad the lack of running business will go when people unemployed start hitting the ER just like the Illegals do.
    Unfortunatly, its what the Dems want to create socialized medicine

It’ll be bad. Not as bad as the millions of dead will be.

China is a best case scenario and they are pushing a 5% death rate. That’s 15 million dead in the US assuming 70% of the populace contracts it.

Italy is >12% death rate. That’s 35 million dead in the US.

NYC is rapidly approaching Italy levels of being overwhelmed.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    It’ll be bad. Not as bad as the millions of dead will be.

China is a best case scenario and they are pushing a 5% death rate. That’s 15 million dead in the US assuming 70% of the populace contracts it.

Italy is >12% death rate. That’s 35 million dead in the US.

NYC is rapidly approaching Italy levels of being overwhelmed.

I don't think you can run those numbers like that.
    5% death rate of those tested positive does not mean 5% of everyone infected is going to die. Many people (unknown numbers) were infected and never tested. Those numbers are unknown and not factored into it. Only way to know the death rate of those infected is to constantly be testing people or have a test to tell who is now immune from exposure when its said and done. A bit of symantics cause I'm using the word "infected" and not sure if you are naturally immune and exposed, does that mean you are infected?
    Effects of a tumbling economy can be estimated
    Deaths from No healthcare due to no job an no insurance
    Suicides from bankruptcy
    Suicides from loss of loved ones.
    Deaths from lack of healthcare because of healthcare rationing due to people w/o work hitting the ER bogging the system
    Other things I can not think of.

The economy runs healthcare

oh, what were we talking about? Hunting , oh. can't wait till squirrel season again.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Those of you who belong to private hunting clubs, etc., how are your organizations handling the Maryland COVID order? Seems like the risk of getting infected out in the woods is zero. I certainly understand shutting down buildings, etc. But I wonder if clubs will interpret the order to say that their members can't even go into the woods to scout for turkey and hunt in a few weeks.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I don't think you can run those numbers like that.
    5% death rate of those tested positive does not mean 5% of everyone infected is going to die. Many people (unknown numbers) were infected and never tested. Those numbers are unknown and not factored into it. Only way to know the death rate of those infected is to constantly be testing people or have a test to tell who is now immune from exposure when its said and done. A bit of symantics cause I'm using the word "infected" and not sure if you are naturally immune and exposed, does that mean you are infected?
    Effects of a tumbling economy can be estimated
    Deaths from No healthcare due to no job an no insurance
    Suicides from bankruptcy
    Suicides from loss of loved ones.
    Deaths from lack of healthcare because of healthcare rationing due to people w/o work hitting the ER bogging the system
    Other things I can not think of.

The economy runs healthcare

oh, what were we talking about? Hunting , oh. can't wait till squirrel season again.

No one is naturally immune based on all evidence. China did wide spread testing as has South Korea. Asymptomatic cases are about .25% of all cases where you don't later go on to develop symptoms (and asymptomatic doesn't mean immune. It just means you don't have overt symptoms. Your body doesn't immediately recognize it and destroy it. Immune would mean you cannot infect other people because your body fights it off before you can shed the virus). Now there might be more people who are sick who won't get tested, but China is running 4.1% death rate with around 10k cases still to resolve with about 1.5k of those critical cases where about half are likely to die. So that leaves you ~5% death rate. And China is certainly not now overwhelmed and they did everything right.

We are looking at minimum 5% death rate and it'll probably be worse as we are doing only a few things right as a country.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Those of you who belong to private hunting clubs, etc., how are your organizations handling the Maryland COVID order? Seems like the risk of getting infected out in the woods is zero. I certainly understand shutting down buildings, etc. But I wonder if clubs will interpret the order to say that their members can't even go into the woods to scout for turkey and hunt in a few weeks.

IWLA Damascus shut down everything. Now they don't do hunting on the property, but buildings and ranges are shut down for the duration.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    We are looking at minimum 5% death rate and it'll probably be worse as we are doing only a few things right as a country.

I disagree we are looking at 5 percent death rate. Too many people who are possibly infected and not getting tested out there. Plus people are working on therapeutics. Too soon to draw that conclusion IMO. Plus I would draw zero conclusions on any data out of China. They lie too much about too many things.

We can look back at this in a month or two and see what is happening again.
    Stay safe and good luck with all this crap.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I disagree we are looking at 5 percent death rate. Too many people who are possibly infected and not getting tested out there. Plus people are working on therapeutics. Too soon to draw that conclusion IMO. Plus I would draw zero conclusions on any data out of China. They lie too much about too many things.

We can look back at this in a month or two and see what is happening again.
    Stay safe and good luck with all this crap.

I'm with you. It is entirely too early for any reasonable GUESS on mortality rates etc. The scientists are already walking back many of their dire estimates. This whole thing has been politically driven more than anything else IMO. I'm not saying it isn't bad, but it isn't the end of days the media have been purporting it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom