• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    H&H in west baltimore. pretty much the only game in town. go strapped.

Friend of mine left the store, to find two locals using the hood and windshield of his Suburban as a chaise lounge. He had just come from goose hunting on the eastern shore. He got in the car, rolled down the window and reached in the back seat and put his shotgun on the dashboard.

He asked: "You guys coming to Towson"

They decided they weren't. :party29:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    lol

Friend of mine left the store, to find two locals using the hood and windshield of his Suburban as a chaise lounge. He had just come from goose hunting on the eastern shore. He got in the car, rolled down the window and reached in the back seat and put his shotgun on the dashboard.

He asked: "You guys coming to Towson"

They decided they weren't. :party29:

:lol::lol:

surplusfan

Feb 2, 2009
    PA
    H&H=Fort Apache....Not

For gods sake...I lived around H&H for years. Don't let anyone dissuade you from going. It isn't in a cul de sac in Carroll County. It's not Candyland. BUT its not the worst place in the world by any stretch. GASP!!! I used to walk there on foot!!! Without being "strapped".
    Awesome basement full of amazing treasure. Lots of Cold War detritus. God I wish I still lived near such a great surplus store. If you do decide to go--after you dodge sniper fire to get back to your Armored Personnel Carrier, stop by Trinacria Italian Market. Its right around the corner. Grab yourself a sandwich you won't be disappointed.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I was in H&H a couple weeks ago. Very interesting stuff in the basement there.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    Ranger Surplus in Rockville --- I give it a thumbs-up --- I've been to it a number of times. They sell good mill-spec camo clothing, backpacks, shoes, camping equipment, knives, flashlights, etc etc.

For firearms: I like Duffys Gun Room --- A Class III weapons dealer

surplusfan

Feb 2, 2009
    PA
    Yeah man...there is no telling what you will find down there. H&H has been around in some form or fashion since at least the 60's. I have heard the rumor that they used to carry firearms until the 68' riots put that to a stop.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I've been to H&H, and other than terrible parking in a sketchy neighborhood, they're not bad.

Just saw these guys opened a store in Frederick, which isn't too bad depending on where you are in Carroll Co.

http://www.rangersurplus.com/

Bail on them. Overpriced stuff for the tacti-cool crowd. There is some stuff that they have, that might be worth while, but I wouldn't bother with it. You would be better off with LA Police Gear or Sportsman's Guide.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    I think the Ranger Surplus in Bethesda is gone. Might be wrong, I'll look again next time I venture through.

Nah it's still there. Though I think it's called the Army-Navy Surplus store or something now. Wasn't really all that impressed.

Wheaton, MD used to have a pretty cool place out by the mall. I'm sure they've gone out of business now too.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I was just in H&H last month. Your hard pressed to find any newer-ish type gear.
    They do have a ton of crap old stuff and good condition old stuff. Even govt grey steel desks downstairs. Gauges and dials in boxes with NSN #'s and deteriorating rubber on packs that have that grey "rust". Unfortunately the newer jackets and such are to me the "Pseudo" brands...... like when you see the cheap civilian knock-off MA1 flight jacket, etc...
    But still plenty of gem finds downstairs.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    For gods sake...I lived around H&H for years. Don't let anyone dissuade you from going. It isn't in a cul de sac in Carroll County. It's not Candyland. BUT its not the worst place in the world by any stretch. GASP!!! I used to walk there on foot!!! Without being "strapped".
    Awesome basement full of amazing treasure. Lots of Cold War detritus. God I wish I still lived near such a great surplus store. If you do decide to go--after you dodge sniper fire to get back to your Armored Personnel Carrier, stop by Trinacria Italian Market. Its right around the corner. Grab yourself a sandwich you won't be disappointed.

Don't be skeerd, just be aware. I stop by H&H a couple of times a year. Trinachria every 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom