• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    I've always said that the anti-2A crowd will never stop trying to advance their agenda and that, as 2A supporters, we can never let down our guard.

Yesterday, I saw two different (D) political ads, one for Senate and the other for the House. Both ads openly referred to the candidates' pro-gun control beliefs.

It's not that I'm surprised that Md (D) politicians, especially with national goals, would be anti-2A...instead, I'm concerned that they are now so openly stating their positions. It wasn't long ago that gun control was a loser and rarely discussed.

Do they think they've got a shot at advancing their anti-freedom agenda or are they getting desperate?

Either way, it serves as yet another reminder that the enemies of the Constitution will NEVER stop...:sad20:

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Do they think they've got a shot at advancing their anti-freedom agenda or are they getting desperate?

Either way, it serves as yet another reminder that the enemies of the Constitution will NEVER stop...:sad20:

Gun violence is a hot topic and pretty much everyone wants it to stop. Whatever gives them votes is what they will push. :mad54:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Gun control is a winner in Maryland. To imply Brown lost taking that position is the epitome of ignorance. He probably would have lost by a larger margin without that plank to hammer.

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County
    It could be that the public opinion is being swayed. It isn't hard to play on the public fear and convince them that gun control is the answer. Most people don't educate themselves enough to know otherwise.

It used to be an automatic loser and it probably still is, but with every shooting and terrorist attack, it becomes less and less a losing issue.

We need to be ever vigilant.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The anti's have money, organization, and fear to play on. There's a big push on, and they don't let any crisis go to waste.

I've always said that the anti-2A crowd will never stop trying to advance their agenda and that, as 2A supporters, we can never let down our guard.

Yesterday, I saw two different (D) political ads, one for Senate and the other for the House. Both ads openly referred to the candidates' pro-gun control beliefs.

It's not that I'm surprised that Md (D) politicians, especially with national goals, would be anti-2A...instead, I'm concerned that they are now so openly stating their positions. It wasn't long ago that gun control was a loser and rarely discussed.

Yep. I keep hearing ads for D. Edwards & C. Van Hollen about they both "took on" the NRA. Van Hollen ads on TV have a blurb for Frosh, can't tell you how sickening it is to looking at him on TV.

Those are the ones I've seen,van hollen's has been on for at least a few weeks.:sad20:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    They're trying to get some of that Bloomberg money.

I guess they are just taking their cues from the national campaigns:
    Clinton goes full-bore gun control in state loaded with hunters

http://www.examiner.com/article/clinton-goes-full-bore-gun-control-state-loaded-with-hunters

The anti's have money, organization, and fear to play on. There's a big push on, and they don't let any crisis go to waste.

They're just following OweMalley's and the national idiots' lead. Never forget that Gun Kontrol is one of the DNC's identified platform planks, and has been for a long, long time. Just follow the money...

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    O'Mao was a conduit... a tool, if you will ;)...

The Progressive Left has its brain trust, and feelers across the country.

Heck... Bloomberg even gets his marching orders, I'm sure.

Yes, we just saw some of Bloomberg's marching orders. He was told to say, "Brrrrrrt."

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Just crapped all Pena-Melnyk's Facebook page over her ad I saw on TV boasting about enacting the strongest gun control in America.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Gun control is a winner in Maryland. To imply Brown lost taking that position is the epitome of ignorance. He probably would have lost by a larger margin without that plank to hammer.

Failing to realize that his overt uber anti gun stance had a negative effect on his campaign is failing to realize that the action cause nearly ALL of Maryland's Pro 2A folks and their friends and family to revolt, mobilize and fight HARD to get his opponent elected. That would be ignorant and dismissive of the massive effort that those good folks produced as well. The Democratic Machine in this state is STILL crying about that.

Feb 28, 2013
    It could be that the public opinion is being swayed. It isn't hard to play on the public fear and convince them that gun control is the answer. Most people don't educate themselves enough to know otherwise.

It used to be an automatic loser and it probably still is, but with every shooting and terrorist attack, it becomes less and less a losing issue.

Not necessarily.

Seems to me more folks are wantin' to at least be able to have SOME chance of defendin' themselves when that kinda shit goes down.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Attachments

• Bloomberg sign.jpg
      Bloomberg sign.jpg
      114.4 KB · Views: 774

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Yep. I keep hearing ads for D. Edwards & C. Van Hollen about they both "took on" the NRA. Van Hollen ads on TV have a blurb for Frosh, can't tell you how sickening it is to looking at him on TV.

Van Hollen want's a new job ...

Frosh got his ... and now want's Hogan's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom