• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Devil Dog Arms founder / owner claimed to be a Marine Scout Sniper
    Very sad I went to the same school as Joe. He is a graduate of St. John's Northwestern Military Academy.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=65215

:mad54:

Joe's Statement is on the Devil Dog Arms Facebook page. Needless to say they have closed up shop. Feel bad for all my friends many who are actual vets who have just lost their jobs.

https://www.facebook.com/devildogarms/?fref=ts

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    It would appear he even got a tattoo to boot! Disgraceful!

Attachments

• 12957569_10206230789669804_2029626107963766208_o.jpg
      12957569_10206230789669804_2029626107963766208_o.jpg
      72.3 KB · Views: 899

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    If he claimed to be Veteran owned I hope he ends up in deep $hit. But it's his right to lie about being a vet and its ok because the SCOUS says so. A$$hole.

Looks like he's gonna be in some deep doo doo then!

From his LinkedIn Page: "Devil Dog Arms is a friend and veteran owned business that takes pride in offering high quality products to the Law Enforcement, government and civilian markets, coupled with friendly and reliable customer service."

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joe-lucania-a393405

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    What on Earth would possess someone to do that? Karma will bite you in the end, no question about that.

I never served, but I've had the pleasure of working next to those who do in over 15 years of serving as a civilian scientist/consultant to the Army and other agencies (have done work for 6 out of the 7 Uniformed Services) both CONUS and OCONUS. God bless our troops!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    With today's technologies, how in the world would he ever think about getting away with such a claim? Then one would have to ask, why? Why would he want to pretend to be something he's not? How could this man sleep at night?

I think he should have to go to a dermatologist and have that tattoo scraped off, one layer at a time. Like a cancer is removed from your skin. Slow, repeatable pain is too good for him.

I hope he gets what he deserves.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Did he get something for free or a discount? Legally, I believe there needs to be some "gain" while claiming to be (whichever service member).
    Not that this isn't still a stupid thing though.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Unless he was the only shareholder, it is possible that the business counted as 'veteran owned' through other partners/shareholders.

What a dumb thing to claim. Not a big community, someone is going to figure it out.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Did he get something for free or a discount? Legally, I believe there needs to be some "gain" while claiming to be (whichever service member).
    Not that this isn't still a stupid thing though.

I'm not a procurement guru, but I believe claiming "veteran owned business" gives you some preferential treatment for government contracts - a business he was clearly in.

That then, would be considered "profit".

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm not a procurement guru, but I believe claiming "veteran owned business" gives you some preferential treatment for government contracts - a business he was clearly in.

That then, would be considered "profit".

I know we have a pretty inept Government, but seems to me at least checking Veteran status, at minimum wanting to see a 214 is part of the checklist for determining a Veteran owned biz.

Logan Betterton

May 14, 2015
    Eastern Shore MD
    With today's technologies, how in the world would he ever think about getting away with such a claim? Then one would have to ask, why? Why would he want to pretend to be something he's not? How could this man sleep at night?

I think he should have to go to a dermatologist and have that tattoo scraped off, one layer at a time. Like a cancer is removed from your skin. Slow, repeatable pain is too good for him.

I hope he gets what he deserves.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is actually very common in the firearms industry. I've ran into a lot of folks claiming to be seals, snipers, and all sorts of things that are likely not true. It's extremely disrespectful to those who have served and I don't really see the benefit of falsely claiming things like this. I guess they want some sort of credibility?

The bottom line is that these people are posers, habitual liars, and likely have a problem. These are the same type of guys we all know who lie about everything to impress others and etc. However, these people in particular have just stooped to a lower level.

I think that people are more hesitant to call others out because IF they are wrong in their accusation is comes off as disrespectful.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    I know we have a pretty inept Government, but seems to me at least checking Veteran status, at minimum wanting to see a 214 is part of the checklist for determining a Veteran owned biz.

You'd think...I'm not so sure, though. I could tell you stories...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom