• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Your choice for a 45acp concealed carry weapon?

• SW M&P Shield

Votes: 12 13.6%
    • Springfield XDs (probably 4")

Votes: 23 26.1%
    • Glock 36

Votes: 21 23.9%
    • other, please elaborate

Votes: 33 37.5%

• Total voters

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I am leaning towards single stack for ease of concealment, but not married. I have a Glock 30, so I am familiar, comfortable with and like the Glock platform, but... I want something smaller for everyday carry, concealed.

So, I'll post this poll, feel free to comment and explain why... or why not.. help me suck it up, get my HQL (have the training already) and pick my future carry pistol.

These are the first three that came to mind, others are possibilities as well, not married to anything yet, just amassing info based on those who carry a 45...

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Tis a sad day indeed when the 1911 is relegated to "Other".

Steel is real.
    I knew that was coming.... :lol2:

I won't rule out a 1911, it's definately an option. I know it's slim and concealable with thin grips.

I choose not to carry the Glock 30, as I really shoot it best with the Glock 21 mags and this is just not comfortable enough for me to keep from printing it. I do have fairly large hands, love the 30, but want something slimmer in profile for carrying. Whatever I carry, I'll likely add a grip extension to make it comfortable in my hand.

I know the Shield in 45 is not on the roster yet, but it will be soon.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I wouldn't carry .45acp in that form. I'd go 9mm and gain a round or two. If it has to be .45 I'd go a 1911 style.
    It has to be .45.. period.. I don't want to add another caliber to my manifest and I currently load for 45, like it's performance and don't worry about capacity.. With a spare mag I can deliver 12-16 rounds of 45 on a target, in an easily concealable weapon, that is more than enough.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I voted XDs in 45. I love mine, but it's actually the 3.3" version. The only thing I don't like, common to many carry guns, is my pinky hangs off the grip with the standard 5 round mag. So, I fixed it! I carry the gun with a 7 round extended mag. While recoil is a bit snappy, it's far from unmanageable and I actually shoot very well with it out to 25 yds! Surprisingly accurate, I believe, for a compact gun. FYI, until that gun, I always shot 45s out of 1911s with the exception of a Hungarian FEG I had for a few years (and actually the FEG is a fairly decent gun....but a bit heavy for as compact as it is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom