• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    The company I'm working for is getting ready to get a new delivery driver.
    The boss is thinking about $20/hr depending on experience.

This is driving a flatbed truck under 26k. Driver will need to get a DOT medical card as we deliver to multiple states.
    M-F. 7am until x. Minimum of 40 hrs./week.

Needs to be able to drive a truck. Obviously....
    Valid license.
    Clean driving record.
    Clear criminal history as we deliver to places like DHS, NIH, and Ft. Meade.
    Be able to read well.
    Good with directions.
    Driving a forklift is a plus.
    They also need to be able to lift boxes and bundles and gates off of the truck.
    Also, the boss would like to have the new driver help in the warehouse to pick and pull orders if they return early.

Shoot me a message if you know anyone or are interested.

I can tell you that I am as happy as I have ever been in any job at this place and guys pretty much work here for life. Be it sales, drivers, warehouse, etc.

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    My brother would be perfect for this

He has experience driving a truck in NYC, and he lives in Upper Marlboro. He is 6 ft 5, strong as an ox and He's a hard worker, anyway pm me your contact info and i will do the same. Thanks.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Bump. Looks like we will be moving forward with this sooner rather than later.

George, the info I have is posted. If you would like the vp of operations to contact your friend, then PM me his info at least.

Thank you.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    FYI everyone if that truck is over 10k then he will need to get a class C CDL if it is over 26k then he will need a Class B CDL USDOT came out with this requirement plus he will only be allowed to drive 11hrs a day on duty 14hrs total with mandatory 10hrs off duty. will the driver be on duty sat or sunday? if so once he has worked 70hrs in the past 7/8 days he must take a 34hr restart before he can work again.Even if he works sat just at the office or the yard that is still on duty time as well. Plus he must keep an electronic dot log unless he punches a time clock every day. Just to let you know about the new cdl laws

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Drivers who begin and end shift at same location, and do not go farther than 75 miles radius ( air miles, not road miles from home base, are exempt from logbook .

Vehicles under 26k only require CDL if they are transporting Hazmat that would require placards, or ten or more passengers including driver.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    opps my bad i was wrong. Dont know what i was thinking. Also it is a 100 airmile radius or 150 airmile radius plus it is 8 or more passengers including the driver when a cdl is needed. I was thinking about tow truck drivers because that rear axle does carry more then 10,001 lbs when a vehicle is on the hook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom