• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    From what I see and understand, current global conflict (and maybe Obama's administration?) has made importing 54r difficult and prices have gone up.

My question is this: with a Trump administration and hopefully de-escalation of conflict (not likely in the next 2-4 years), do you think prices could ever fall? I don't think they will be $150 cases again, but is there hope at the end of the tunnel?

Thoughts?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    From what I see and understand, current global conflict (and maybe Obama's administration?) has made importing 54r difficult and prices have gone up.

My question is this: with a Trump administration and hopefully de-escalation of conflict (not likely in the next 2-4 years), do you think prices could ever fall? I don't think they will be $150 cases again, but is there hope at the end of the tunnel?

Thoughts?

If people had refused to pay 150 a case, we wouldn't be seeing cases at 150.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Thoughts?

I think there is so much 54r sitting in US warehouses that exterior influences are negligable outside of panic they cause.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I think there is so much 54r sitting in US warehouses that exterior influences are negligable outside of panic they cause.

Why would they be sitting there and not selling it? You think they are holding onto it?
    I don't think so, I think its harder to import right now and thus the prices are up over what they were say 2 years ago.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Why would they be sitting there and not selling it? You think they are holding onto it?
    I don't think so, I think its harder to import right now and thus the prices are up over what they were say 2 years ago.

Who is not selling it? Places that are out of it now aren't warehouse ammo sellers or wholesale distributors, they are the retailers. Most retailers are 2 or 3 links down the chain from the importers. Retailers are out because they haven't ordered it from the distributors, not because it isn't being imported or isn't stockpiled.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Still sitting on a few tins I paid $80 each, takes me a year to use up one. Never planned to sale any of them.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I think people are not buying it at current prices as much cause simply it's more expensive . Hey would rather shoot thier AKs with Walmart non corrosive ammo for less.
    That is why the retailers are not ordering more . If groups in the US are "Holding on" to stock then it is choice not to lower the price. I see no evidence of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom