• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    Yesterday I tried out some of my reloads for a new to me 6mm Creedmoor rifle. I was thrilled with one recipe in particular. 5/16ths inch 5 shot group with the old Hornady AMax 105 grain bullet and H4350 powder. I still have 800 bullets but my jug of powder got left behind in Boise.

Does anyone have any H4350 to sell me or know where I could find it?

Or...any suggestions for a readily available powder with similar characteristics?

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    Don't know where H4350 can be had on this side of the country, or online.
    Don't know about the 6mm CM, but the Creedmoor guys are saying RL-16 (not 17) is working well in the 6.5's, and is likely the best substitute for H4350.

I have a brand new 6.5CM build in the basement, with about 1# left of H4350 . . . .

Don't know where H4350 can be had on this side of the country, or online.
    Don't know about the 6mm CM, but the Creedmoor guys are saying RL-16 (not 17) is working well in the 6.5's, and is likely the best substitute for H4350.

I have a brand new 6.5CM build in the basement, with about 1# left of H4350 . . . .

Reloder16 didn't work too well in my 6.5CM. H4350 is the cat's pajamas in mine.

boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    I drove past the Cabela's near Wilmington today and called them to ask about H4350...none in stock. I should have asked about the IMR 4350. But have I heard that the IMR powders are much more temperature senstive? Any who has tried both powders?

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I drove past the Cabela's near Wilmington today and called them to ask about H4350...none in stock. I should have asked about the IMR 4350. But have I heard that the IMR powders are much more temperature senstive? Any who has tried both powders?

Well, sorta kinda...

H4350 is one of Hodgdon's "Extreme" powders, which is a line of powders deemed to be insensitive to temperature variations.

IMR also has a temperature insensitive series of powders that they call their "Enduron" series. But IMR4350 is not one of the IMR "Enduron" powders.

I have used H4350 in .260 Remington, and like it a whole lot in that cartridge.

I have used much more IMR4350 by volume over time, with good results also. But I believe I have loaded it only in .243 Win., and in the heavier bullets in .30-06 Sprg. So I have never done any direct head to head powder vs. powder types of comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom