• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I am just now reading an article in the sun. "The General Assembly will adjourn Wednesday out of concern over the coronavirus, with plans to meet again in the last week of May for a special session, legislative leaders announced Sunday."

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    That's going to be one busy week, trying to get 3 weeks' worth of business done. Not a lot of time for reconciliation of differences between House and Senate bills.

Also, in a special session, are they limited to specific issues the Governor is calling the special session for, or can it turn into a free-for-all?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    IMO, we need to ensure that we all notify our legislators that any legislation not passed when Sine Die occurs on Wednesday die on the vine.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    It ain't over until it's over...keep the contacts to the legislature going.

10-4 to that.

That's going to be one busy week, trying to get 3 weeks' worth of business done. Not a lot of time for reconciliation of differences between House and Senate bills.

Yeah, by the way I read it, it will only be a one week session. You could also read it as: the last week in May will be the beginning of the end of the session? It could possibly last longer than one week?

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Attachments

• B4D2DFCA-6499-4BB0-B83A-2A207B200CDF.jpg
      B4D2DFCA-6499-4BB0-B83A-2A207B200CDF.jpg
      62.4 KB · Views: 1,030

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Can't read since i am not on the book of faces. I just have his home page pop up.

I think you can read FB posts and watch the videos posted on FB even if you don’t have an account.

However, I think you do need a FB account to watch a FB live-streaming video, but not to watch it after the livestream concludes and it becomes an archived video in that FB post.

Will you click on the FB link to today’s MdGA news conference video and advise if it will or will not play for you?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157009999307286&id=626382285&anchor_composer=false

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    The news and media won't have enough air time for more "Guns=Bad" stories between now and then, and whenever a lawmaker finds them self in front of a mic they are going to be talking Virus.

It's not impossible for gun legislation to make it through the session but I really think that this tragic event may have the unintended consequence of postponing significant 2A restrictions until next session.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    It's not impossible for gun legislation to make it through the session but I really think that this tragic event may have the unintended consequence of postponing significant 2A restrictions until next session.

Which will be after SCOTUS issues a ruling in NSYRPA vs NY, which will hopefully change the environment for anti-2A laws.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    IMO, we need to ensure that we all notify our legislators that any legislation not passed when Sine Die occurs on Wednesday die on the vine.
    Yes, I realize that Sine Die means just that, but I have no faith in this General Assembly following the rules.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I think you can read FB posts and watch the videos posted on FB even if you don’t have an account.

However, I think you do need a FB account to watch a FB live-streaming video, but not to watch it after the livestream concludes and it becomes an archived video in that FB post.

Will you click on the FB link to today’s MdGA news conference video and advise if it will or will not play for you?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157009999307286&id=626382285&anchor_composer=false

This particular facebook link is working fine and dandy for me.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    It plays ok for me, and I don't have a FB account.

Thanks Allen65 and Kicken Wing; I thought that was the case.

I mention it here because so much useful information is available on FB so I wanted to verify here that one doesn’t need a FB account to read the posts, look at the pics and watch the videos there.

The Maryland 2A Sanctuary County movement has literally exploded on FB: new 2A Sanctuary County FB pages have been joined by thousands of our fellow Patriots in Maryland in just the last few weeks.

Check out all the Maryland-specific 2A Sanctuary County FB pages on the new thread about it:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5813357&postcount=3

:thumbsup: :mdpatriot

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom