KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    March Match Registrations are now open

Falling Steel Match - Sunday, March 7th

https://practiscore.com/agc-falling-steel-3/register

3 Gun Match - Saturday, March, 13th

https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-match-2/register

We do NOT have the 200 yard range in March. That said, your longest shot will be about 65 yards. There may be optional Shotgun Slug Targets (bonus/not required). If you choose, bring up to 4 slugs.

IDPA Match - Saturday, March 20th

https://practiscore.com/agc-idpa-ti...h-20th-allowing-22lr-semi-auto-clone/register

Inclement Weather Policy - February has not been kind to us as we have been forced to cancel 2 out of our 3 matches. That said, AGC Action shooting has made the decision to schedule regular monthly matches throughout the winter (unlike many other area clubs who take the winter off). While canceling events is never ideal, we will always consider the conditions of the Action Shooting bays to ensure they are

1. Safe (no excessive snow/ice/mud that may cause undue slip hazards, etc.). This one mostly applies to 3 Gun and IDPA where there is lots of movement with loaded firearms. We will do everything we can to shoot 3 Gun matches from the gravel if possible.

2. The ground in the event area is dry/frozen/hard enough as to not cause any undue damage to the fields by trampling and driving the tractor on it. This is mostly because we still do not have enough turf (hopefully this wont be a problem in 2022).

All of that said, registrations will open as normal and we will make a final determination on whether or not to hold the match just a day or two in advance. Cancelation notices will only be emailed to registered participants through practiscore.com. We appreciate your understanding of this policy and trust it is clear that the alternative is to just take the winter off (which seems silly in light of the last few winters where we experienced little to no precipitation).

Check in

8:00 am till 8:30 am. Safety brief at 8:30 am. Match starts at 9:00 am. You MUST be checked in and attend the Safety Brief in order to participate in the match.

Setup

Falling Steel - 7:00 am on Match Day - Please arrive early to help out.

3 Gun / IDPA - We typically set up these matches the day before. AGC badge holders are granted Range Badge Credits towards next years badge. If interested, please reach out to be added to the set up email list.

Arrival

Please bring your cased firearms to the Shooting Bays and uncase at a safe table. 3 gun carts are acceptable with Muzzles pointed down or straight up. Uncased long guns must be ACTIONS OPEN, ECI inserted and on SAFE.

Parking:

Please park on the gravel parking area near the Shooting Bays. You may also park at the 200 yard range and/or Memorial Hall.

Ammo
    Pistol: 9mm-45 cal -

5.7 x 28 is specifically prohibited

Rifle: .223/5.56 - No Steel Core

Shotgun: Bird Shot #7.5 - #9 max 1300 fps
    Slugs - Up to 4 slugs per (3 gun) match

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I’d ditch my PCC if you and Art aren’t RSOs in another squad want to join us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a generous offer, and we'd be honored to join you :bowdown: but don't do anything hasty yet. We usually sign up without squadding so that we can be assigned as/if needed for RSO duty. It would be a real bummer if you donated a slot for us, then we got assigned elsewhere, either for RSO work or to balance out the squads.

Let's see what happens with sign ups and withdrawals as the date gets closer. We'd love to shoot with the cool kids if it works out (it looks like we will with a few of them at Delta this weekend :fingerscrossed:)

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That's a generous offer, and we'd be honored to join you :bowdown: but don't do anything hasty yet. We usually sign up without squadding so that we can be assigned as/if needed for RSO duty. It would be a real bummer if you donated a slot for us, then we got assigned elsewhere, either for RSO work or to balance out the squads.

Let's see what happens with sign ups and withdrawals as the date gets closer. We'd love to shoot with the cool kids if it works out (it looks like we will with a few of them at Delta this weekend :fingerscrossed:)

No problem, just PM me and let me know if you want in.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I haven't got my "you're allowed to squad" message yet, so I'll probably just have to stand off in the distance and look at Squad 4 like one of the urchins from a Dickens novel, peering through a frosty window at the happy family enjoying a festive meal. It's OK, I can handle it. Really. *sniff*

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I haven't got my "you're allowed to squad" message yet, so I'll probably just have to stand off in the distance and look at Squad 4 like one of the urchins from a Dickens novel, peering through a frosty window at the happy family enjoying a festive meal. It's OK, I can handle it. Really. *sniff*

I had some issues this morning. Got my squadding emails but only ones worked. Mike took care of it

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County

This is definitely the preferred method for those who normally RO and I appreciate you holding out. Practiscore has numerous quirks, one of them being an issue with moving a shooters within their same squad. When someone squads themselves and then I have to manually move them to one of the reserved slots on the same squad, then their original slot becomes blocked and no one else is able to fill it, unless they send us an email and we do it for them. It is truly a cluster F

We have been round and round with practiscore about this glitch, but they blame it on the way we set up (clone) the matches. Thing is, it happens no matter if we clone or start from scratch. Bottom line, Practiscore is free for us to use and you get what you pay for. I really do wish someone would create a new system. We would gladly pay to have something that always works and does not give us all of this grief.

So, it would be a big help if ROs do not squad themselves, but rather send me an email with their squad preference. If you have been an RO in the recent past, then just assume we are going to need you, especially for Falling Steel. Thanks guys.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County

Handled.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This is definitely the preferred method for those who normally RO and I appreciate you holding out. Practiscore has numerous quirks, one of them being an issue with moving a shooters within their same squad. When someone squads themselves and then I have to manually move them to one of the reserved slots on the same squad, then their original slot becomes blocked and no one else is able to fill it, unless they send us an email and we do it for them. It is truly a cluster F

We have been round and round with practiscore about this glitch, but they blame it on the way we set up (clone) the matches. Thing is, it happens no matter if we clone or start from scratch. Bottom line, Practiscore is free for us to use and you get what you pay for. I really do wish someone would create a new system. We would gladly pay to have something that always works and does not give us all of this grief.

So, it would be a big help if ROs do not squad themselves, but rather send me an email with their squad preference. If you have been an RO in the recent past, then just assume we are going to need you, especially for Falling Steel. Thanks guys.

I didn't realize until I saw the email this morning and now this post that it was an issue so I sill stop squadding myself for future matches. I have become a bit partial to Squad 4 for whatever reason so I'd like to stay there if possible. Many thanks.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I am really looking forward to that, glad they finally got off their butts and started shooting again.

If it is OK to shoot while using a walker and not help set up/break down, I would like to join the Kool kids and shoot in Squad 4. I see there is still an opening.
    ETA- I'm confident I won't need the walker, but hiking uneven terrain and bending over to pick things up won't be happening that soon after my surgery.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If it is OK to shoot while using a walker and not help set up/break down, I would like to join the Kool kids and shoot in Squad 4. I see there is still an opening.
    ETA- I'm confident I won't need the walker, but hiking uneven terrain and bending over to pick things up won't be happening that soon after my surgery.

If you make it to squad 4, you are welcome to heave your stuff in my Tier One Tactical Off Road Shootin' Stuff Cart for movement between stages. I'll even pull it.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County

Better hurry up about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom