Looking for a Colt 14.5" Barrel For Your Next SBR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    Does Big Chris & Co. let you know when they ship? Do they send an email with shipping info. or does it just show up? My order was 2 weeks ago and I'm ready for my toys.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Does Big Chris & Co. let you know when they ship? Do they send an email with shipping info. or does it just show up? My order was 2 weeks ago and I'm ready for my toys.

I think I did get a heads up email but it was a while (like a week) after the initial "it's getting shipped" notification. These came from Paypal for me.

Ski169

May 28, 2012

You should get an email from PayPal with a tracking number or UPS if you select that as your shipping method. Be patient and he’ll get it out. One of my orders took about 3 weeks to ship. And he does have a disclaimer on his home page.

Ski169

May 28, 2012

Yup. A big whoopsy IMO. After cleaning it after I disassembled it, I’m convinced it was a used surplus upper and not the advertised NOS upper I thought I was getting in addition to the wrong barrel being installed.

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    Thanks, but I'm not sure he even had these in-house yet. I got one of the $700 versions without the BCG and CH. They're gone off the site now.

How long did it take you guys to get your stuff?

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Thanks, but I'm not sure he even had these in-house yet. I got one of the $700 versions without the BCG and CH. They're gone off the site now.

How long did it take you guys to get your stuff?

Took about 3 weeks for me to get the wrong upper. Lol. I ordered a couple of those “C” marked FN CAGE Code uppers from him last week and got the shipping notification a couple of days ago. It will probably be another 1-2 weeks before it gets here between him dropping it off and shipping time.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Anyways - these are the two Colt uppers I build along with the original HBAR barrel for my AR6721. Still waiting on the stamp (past due). The original 16" on top. The two I recently built below that; 14.5" gov profile and 11.5" HRT. Outrider inspired me to get an EOTech, and of course there's the muzzle brake ;). Wish I bought an EOTech a long time ago, but's that's another thread.

I like a front sight tower, even with an optic. It provides a nice frame of reference. The 14.5" gov profile carry handle build to me is just right for an M Forgery. I am hoping the 11.5" build will balance nicely with a can, having that heavy barrel. We shall see.

Attachments

• IMG_1200.jpg
      IMG_1200.jpg
      194.6 KB · Views: 184

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    Now that is some pretty hardware, Sir!

My Shark landed today. Got my Colt M4 14.5-inch SOCOM upper today from Shark Arms.

Big Chris hooked a brotha up! It's got some wear, but overall very nice!

I'll post pics when I figure out how? Do I need a photo site to grab them from? I did a search and can't find instructions. Help?

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Very nice! Granted I’ve done a couple of builds with SOCOM barrels but I’m still disappointed I didn’t get the right one from Shark. Lol

Redbean, glad you got yours and I hope you enjoy it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Now that is some pretty hardware, Sir!

My Shark landed today. Got my Colt M4 14.5-inch SOCOM upper today from Shark Arms.

Big Chris hooked a brotha up! It's got some wear, but overall very nice!

I'll post pics when I figure out how? Do I need a photo site to grab them from? I did a search and can't find instructions. Help?

Good for you beanman! If you have a smart phone it's pretty easy. You have to be in 'advanced' mode. Go down to 'manage attachments' and click on that. It will prompt you to 'choose file'. Click that and you should have access to your pics. Choose one at a time and uplode.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So on my builds, the 14.5" is Colt barrel, BGC, upper receiver, etc. The 11.5 I cheated; Colt BCG, but the upper is from Right to Bear dot com. I am saving the FN upper receiver from Shark for another build.

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    So, here's my question. I bought a BCM A2 extended flash hider to be pinned and welded onto the end. It will add enough length to make the barrel just over 16 inches. It has the predrilled hole and pin. I have the Colt stock too.

This will work, right? And, who does this kind of work?

Thanks guys

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    So, here's my question. I bought a BCM A2 extended flash hider to be pinned and welded onto the end. It will add enough length to make the barrel just over 16 inches. It has the predrilled hole and pin. I have the Colt stock too.

This will work, right? And, who does this kind of work?

Thanks guys
    I've had Engage Armament do this for me. East Gude drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom