• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Any semi-automatic .22 handgun... I tried to tell myself they were inexpensive to train with, but they're just dull.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I can't get past the braces. I am going to build one for my trunk in the near future....
    Once you put the butt end of the brace where it belongs(into your upper chest), you will forget the hate. You will have your chin glued to the top of the brace. The rest, you won't even know the rest is there.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Modern revolvers

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I put vintage grips on mine....made it feel a little more like what I was used to.

118748893_10163940408530585_3981010216723731296_n.jpg

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    I’m sure we all have one or two that, while perfectly functional and accurate, really don’t get the old juices flowing. We take them out now and again and put some rounds down range, but the guns just aren’t exciting.

Mine is my Ruger P95. It shoots great. Accurate as hell. 15+1 of 9mm goodness. However, it looks like it won honorable mention in the looks department.

I know, it’s all about function. At least it should be. The Colt Python is sexy. The Smith Model 10 is classic. But remember, there are many out there that can do the job but are the homely girl at the dance.

5d6c8769c60329d35e036ea1038b1319.jpg

6101503303fce21bc5424dd6f50af7fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 of my guns come to mind. Both made by Glock.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Any semi-automatic .22 handgun... I tried to tell myself they were inexpensive to train with, but they're just dull.

****This. Also - I bought a .22 cal conversion kit for my Glock 17, thinking it would be good for target practice, and reduce ammo costs, but has been nothing more than a jam-o-matic. It's super finicky and seemingly only one brand of ammo seems to work ok..

Funny story: I have a friend who is pretty high up in IDPA shooting wise - not a super famous dude but he's top 5% on a good day. He came out to my local range one time with a couple of his guns and just humbled all of us in our local IDPA like club match, with shot timers, penalties, etc... but not officially sanctioned.

Anyway, we thought it would be funny for him to run the course and a few drills with this POS Hi-Point 9mm with ball ammo that cost like $179 on sale, iron sights, etc... He not only humbled us with this POS gun, he did the Teuller drill, and several other drills and could put 3 shots down range, accurately, before most of us could draw and even get one shot off... In addition, he cleared several jams on the Hi-Point and continued shooting, and reloading and his times were *still* faster than most of us.... with our own guns....and our own ammo, and holsters, and mag and holster belts etc... Crazy... with not even his own gun... I guess it really isn't so much about the gun, but after shooting that Hi-Point 9mm a few times. that is truly a gun that "meh" might not be the proper word choice.... It's better than NO gun, but you might end up having to beat someone with it, versus shooting anything out of it as it jammed a lot, and was remarkably inaccurate.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    AR's don't do much for me and neither do most polymer/striker pistols but there are exceptions. I wouldn't mind having either a Colt LE6920 or a Zev O9S.

SA Revolvers and lever actions are not among my interests. Never got into Lugers. BHP's are nice-looking but never owned one that could group better than 4" at ten yards.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

Boring till you suppress them. Run fast drills on steel plates with a whisper pickle, and all you really hear is the steel ringing. Same pistol at full volume shooting paper is definitely meh.

For me, probably a cardinal sin, but 1911s are meh, mediocre grip, decent trigger, low grip with a safety in the way, heavy and reloading every 7 rounds sucks. It's fun to shoot a "classic", till you have to put hours of work into a $1K+ pistol just to feed modern HP ammo.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Most Glocks. Just not a Glock fan. Yes they work, but they aren't good looking guns and aren't thrilling to shoot in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom