Looking for a Colt 14.5" Barrel For Your Next SBR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    https://sharkarms.com/

Scroll down the page and you will see:

FN/COLT 14.5 SOCOM SURPLUS UPPER NO BCG OR CH. FN REC/ C MARKED SOCOM BARREL W/ P&S M4 RAS RAIL 675.00 SHIPPED SURPLUS UPPER/W/ NEW PARTS LIMITED STCK

And if you want to order just email and tell them what you want and the will invoice you via PayPal. I just bought a Colt stripped upper. Look under more-> how to order for the email address

Thanks
    I have a Colt 6721 barrel and it has been begging to be mated to a colt upper. I have all the other parts too.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You know it's too bad we have to register these as SBR's because a 14.5" barrel is really a nice rig. OTOH - at least these are be treated in a different category which may have it's advantages in the almost certain ban attempts. Or it may not matter. Regardless I just like a 14.5" barrel better than a 16".

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You know it's too bad we have to register these as SBR's because a 14.5" barrel is really a nice rig. OTOH - at least these are be treated in a different category which may have it's advantages in the almost certain ban attempts. Or it may not matter. Regardless I just like a 14.5" barrel better than a 16".
    Not if you pin and weld them. They need a brake anyways.

Attachments

• upper.jpg
      upper.jpg
      110.3 KB · Views: 189

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    You make a great point about the brake; esp. if it is also an adapter for your can :thumbsup:

No he does not. Brakes suck! Espically on SB AR platform guns. At least being next to a 50BMG is worth the blast and noise. My 11.5" and 14.5" uppers run just fine in FA with Flash hiders. Flash hiders don't hurt everyone elses head around you.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No he does not. Brakes suck! Espically on SB AR platform guns. At least being next to a 50BMG is worth the blast and noise. My 11.5" and 14.5" uppers run just fine in FA with Flash hiders. Flash hiders don't hurt everyone elses head around you.
    :moon:

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

:evilwhip:

FYI, I give all the people in the MG club crap if they show up with M16s with brakes. I don't mind flying hot streams of brass, 100round strings, 50 BMG in semi shot fast... pretty much anything. However having a poodle shooter with a 11.5" barrel and a MB just sucks with little reward for the headache. I run Flash hiders on all my guns and its just fine... The gun does not have recoil, so what recoil are you minimizing? If you just want to make it fun, then a Flash Enhancer at least is cool! :) https://www.keepshooting.com/ar15-m16-flash-enhancer.html Muzzle brakes and short barrels are great for people who don't have friends or like shooting with others.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    :evilwhip:

FYI, I give all the people in the MG club crap if they show up with M16s with brakes. I don't mind flying hot streams of brass, 100round strings, 50 BMG in semi shot fast... pretty much anything. However having a poodle shooter with a 11.5" barrel and a MB just sucks with little reward for the headache. I run Flash hiders on all my guns and its just fine... The gun does not have recoil, so what recoil are you minimizing? If you just want to make it fun, then a Flash Enhancer at least is cool! :) https://www.keepshooting.com/ar15-m16-flash-enhancer.html Muzzle brakes and short barrels are great for people who don't have friends or like shooting with others.

I know. I've seen this movie before(we've had a similar discussion).

First, there is nothing fun about sitting on the starboard side of a 50BMG rifle. We've had this discussion before too. I've shot full auto guns. Lots of fun But I, like many others here, can't afford them, let alone afford to feed them.
    As far as brakes go, on my local range, I am constantly bombarded by people with their ARs sporting snarling brakes all the time. It does suck. I shoot all my guns(except older hunting rifles) suppressed. People love me on the range. I let as many people who want, shoot my suppressed guns. They get a kick out of it. It's fun to watch their faces. Just like handing them a full auto gun.
    I started to write all this earlier and said screw it. Opted for the BA. :D

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So I ended up scrounging some Colt parts to build a Colt 14.5" upper with BCG and CH (SharkArms upper, Brownells barrel, Midway BCG, etc). I saved all of $85 versus just getting this complete upper from RTG; except I did not get the Magpul flip up rear sight. I would say the RTG complete Colt upper is totally worth it. In hindsight I should have just bought that and been done with it.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/...PPER-556NATO-14-5-INCH-W-BOLT-GROUP-p6052.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom