• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    You do know that this squad in particular takes issue with .22 lr. You best make sure your firearm cycles perfectly otherwise risk being cast aside to have squad 3 carry you from bay to bay.

That mostly dates back to a couple of shooters who brought 10/22s lubed with molasses and sand or toothpaste or whatever was going on there. The couple of dudes who've shown up recently have been running sewing-machine-like 22s (and using them very accurately and fast, I might add). A recent squaddie also shot with what looked like a Beretta 92 in 22LR, which ran great. Things are looking up!

Oh, and so far it looks like we won the weather lotto for the 7th, too, so no ice skates this time.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That mostly dates back to a couple of shooters who brought 10/22s lubed with molasses and sand or toothpaste or whatever was going on there. The couple of dudes who've shown up recently have been running sewing-machine-like 22s (and using them very accurately and fast, I might add). A recent squaddie also shot with what looked like a Beretta 92 in 22LR, which ran great. Things are looking up!

Oh, and so far it looks like we won the weather lotto for the 7th, too, so no ice skates this time.

Don't tempt the weather gods to turn on us, you know better....

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Don't tempt the weather gods to turn on us, you know better....

You're right. I will stop at the temple of PopeYes and sacrifice a fried chicken to the weather gods this evening, just in case. Well, maybe just one piece of chicken. But it will be picked clean in the name of only the good kind of climate change.

Looking forward to pew-clang-bang-clank with you guys on Sunday.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You're right. I will stop at the temple of PopeYes and sacrifice a fried chicken to the weather gods this evening, just in case. Well, maybe just one piece of chicken. But it will be picket clean in the name of only the good kind of climate change.

Looking forward pew-clang-bang-clank with you guys on Sunday.

Lol- can't wait, will be a good time as always.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You do know that this squad in particular takes issue with .22 lr. You best make sure your firearm cycles perfectly otherwise risk being cast aside to have squad 3 carry you from bay to bay.

giphy.gif

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Nicely designed strings for Steel Challenge today. They were a surprise and fun to shoot. Squad 5 ran smooth and quick. All great shooters but Sergei was insanely fast and accurate.

Thanks to all involved who manage these matches...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Nicely designed strings for Steel Challenge today. They were a surprise and fun to shoot. Squad 5 ran smooth and quick. All great shooters but Sergei was insanely fast and accurate.

It was indeed a good match day - fun for all, and Squad 4 had the pleasure of hosting a father/daughter team that was great to watch. She handled 10/22 misadventures with a grace not seen in many a grown man I've watched. Go!

It was indeed a good match day - fun for all, and Squad 4 had the pleasure of hosting a father/daughter team that was great to watch. She handled 10/22 misadventures with a grace not seen in many a grown man I've watched. Go!

It was an honor to shoot alongside Eva.
    This young lady (11yo) is the future of shooting sports. I feel comfortable saying everyone on Squad 4 was beyond impressed. Her shooting was impressive, but as Occam stated, her treatment of malfunctions was downright professional.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It was an honor to shoot alongside Eva.
    This young lady (11yo) is the future of shooting sports. I feel comfortable saying everyone on Squad 4 was beyond impressed. Her shooting was impressive, but as Occam stated, her treatment of malfunctions was downright professional.

Agreed. She was fun to watch and quite a good shot. Nice to see young shooters come out, be safe, and compete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Well, this is what happens when I only bring the iPhone for a camera, and then only kind of pay attention to getting any video. Still, a couple minutes of flavor from Squad Four for those who wonder how these things go:

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Well, this is what happens when I only bring the iPhone for a camera, and then only kind of pay attention to getting any video. Still, a couple minutes of flavor from Squad Four for those who wonder how these things go:

Nice vid! Must have taped the phone to the top of your boot for some of those under the action shots. Do you mind if I share this to my FB group?

Sent using Tapatalk

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County

Nice. Thank you. Love getting video of the young ones. And did you see the first guy checking the orientation of his bagged gun before pulling it out? Good stuff.

The part at :16 was edited. It actually went like this...
    "Shooter Ready?"
    "Nope"
    "Shooter Ready?"
    "Nope"
    "Shooter Ready?"
    "Nope"
    "Shooter Ready?"
    "Nope"
    "Shooter Ready?"
    "Yup"

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Nice vid! Must have taped the phone to the top of your boot for some of those under the action shots. Do you mind if I share this to my FB group?

Sure, that’s shareable. I wish it had more meat on its bones, but it is what it is. If it’s helpful or interesting, go!

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Sure, that’s shareable. I wish it had more meat on its bones, but it is what it is. If it’s helpful or interesting, go!
    I go to a gym that has a lot of other vets there. Some of them actually have firearms training businesses but oddly haven't seemed to show interest in action shooting (yet). Your video actually has a good amount of meat, don't sell yourself short!

Sent using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Nice. Thank you. Love getting video of the young ones. And did you see the first guy checking the orientation of his bagged gun before pulling it out? Good stuff.

I’m glad you saw that. I was thinking of titling the video “Bag Orientation Action Match” but not everyone gets my art, man.

It is a reminder of all the little details that contribute to a good intro video when doing one for real. Keep a list!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

You sell yourself waaay short. Excellent vid.

Another great match and better company, Squad 4 rocks the house, baby! :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom