• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I ordered a new barrel for my CZ457 Varmint today. My gun came in 17HMR and I decided it would be cheaper to just buy a 22LR barrel for it then it would be a new 22LR rifle. I already have a Ruger 10/22 with a lot of upgrades to it that I love but like having other options sometimes. The 20inch Bull barrel is $159 and that includes the magazine and piece to make it fit. I am excited to get it. The CZ457 is awesome right out of the box. The barrel change is really easy also. Anyone have one and done the swap? They make a 22mag barrel also.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I go Ruger 10/22 for fun plinking and fast shooting. It is nice and light. The CZ is much heavier and bolt action but very accurate. More of a bench/target shooter. Both great guns. The 17HMR is nice but very hard to see the holes in a target at distance even with a nice scope.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I put a Lilja barrel on my 455. :D

Sniper's Hide had a group buy a few years ago.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    I just put a new 17 hmr barrel on one of my 455's. Haven't had it out yet. First 17hmr for me. Picked up a few boxes of different ammo to try.. Almost bought a 457 lux in 22wmr the other day but price was just too high I thought. Had a hard time walking away from it.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Here is an update. I'm still waiting for my CZ barrel to arrive! Paid a good bit extra for 2 day shipping and a week later still not here. After the 3rd day I called and they told me it was still sitting in the warehouse. I got them to reimburse me for the shipping which was a plus. It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but we shall see. I also got a text from FedEx stating a delivery signature would be required so now I have to stay at the house so I don't miss delivery. Is it just me or does everyone have delivery issues nowadays? What a mess!

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Here is an update. I'm still waiting for my CZ barrel to arrive! Paid a good bit extra for 2 day shipping and a week later still not here. After the 3rd day I called and they told me it was still sitting in the warehouse. I got them to reimburse me for the shipping which was a plus. It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but we shall see. I also got a text from FedEx stating a delivery signature would be required so now I have to stay at the house so I don't miss delivery. Is it just me or does everyone have delivery issues nowadays? What a mess!

Did that barrel show up? Where's it coming from?

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Update: I got the barrel delivered today. Looks really nice and heavy just like the 17HMR barrel. It came with 1 5 round magazine and piece that you put into the magazine chamber so the magazine will fit properly. It is held in with pins. I can't wait to swap it out and get it to the range. Sorry I can't say for sure where it came from because the box in out with the trash but I think it came from Ohio.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    I kept the box and packaging from the new barrel I got to put the barrel I was taking off in. Was a factory CZ box. Enjoy. Let us know how it shoots.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I kept the box and packaging from the new barrel I got to put the barrel I was taking off in. Was a factory CZ box. Enjoy. Let us know how it shoots.

The barrel came double boxed. I am keeping the barrel box to do the same. I through out the exterior delivery box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom