• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Someone find a business that hasn't increased their prices! I was at an Under Armour store today just looking and saw a pair of jogging pants I liked. I figured how much could they cost. Right? Well I looked at the price tag and laughed out laud. They were $90. I'll stick with my old Russel Athletics with the holes in them. lol.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Someone find a business that hasn't increased their prices! I was at an Under Armour store today just looking and saw a pair of jogging pants I liked. I figured how much could they cost. Right? Well I looked at the price tag and laughed out laud. They were $90. I'll stick with my old Russel Athletics with the holes in them. lol.

Just don't get into "yoga".

https://shop.lululemon.com/

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    For some time now Midway has been a disappointingly higher priced vendor. It is doubly disappointing to see this company (yes you - Larry Potter), despite having the advantages of economy of scale, massive purchasing power and (I assume) very solid financials to use these advantages to walk down the demand curve to increase profit during these "trying times". This profit increase, over the already outrageous margins within this industry, is on the backs of shooters like you and I. (Free enterprise at work!) Some time ago I began to buy from Midway only when they were the only vendor with a product I wanted badly. The good news is that this behavior opens up the market to the many smaller vendors who appreciate your business and are willing to sell at lower prices despite what is likely higher costs for them. The higher prices charged by Midway (any vendor) will only be maintained if they can sell enough of their goods at that price point to increase profit. Unfortunately, right now everything is selling, and at often ridiculous prices.

But as and when (if?) things calm down (they will likely never go back to "pre-COVID" prices) please make the effort, like I will, to shop around for those appreciative vendors. And please continue to share your positive and negative experiences. Our buying power is our only weapon against the wanton greed (ain't free enterprise wonderful???) prevalent in our sport.

PS - Yes - I am currently a hypocrite, having bought an 8# jug of H4895 online from a vendor I have no respect for, for about 2.5X it's normal (<no such thing anymore) price.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    yeah midway and brownells have gone up, at least more than powder valley, grafs and natchez and midsouth, at least for stuff i've seen in stock of late.
    If you're talking powder and primers, Midway has always been a little higher on the front end but usually had lower hazmat fees. They usually balanced out in the end, give or take. I admit, I haven't purchased from them lately though.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    OP, stop whinging. You're coming into this during a supply crunch for a lot of what we use in our hobby, history shows prices will be elevated. That said I ordered some parts from Midway last week and noticed no increase in prices and in fact several were a bit less than they were a couple of years ago when the supply chain was flush.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    A rhetorical question. In a period of disruption in the supply chain, if businesses A, B and C raise prices in order to compete for available supplies but business M keeps prices lower regardless of available supplies, which business runs out of stock first?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I had some gun parts on backorder with Brownells since June and finally delivered in February. They emailed me in November asking me to call or they would cancel the order. They did this again in February saying I needed to confirm I still wanted them. The parts were in stock, they just delayed another 10 days before they shipped. The February price for those parts was about 40% higher than my June price (that they honored).

I like Brownells and have bought thousands of dollars of stuff from them over the past ten years. This time though they really made it easy for me to lose my order if I had missed either of their emails.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    OP, stop whinging. You're coming into this during a supply crunch for a lot of what we use in our hobby, history shows prices will be elevated. That said I ordered some parts from Midway last week and noticed no increase in prices and in fact several were a bit less than they were a couple of years ago when the supply chain was flush.

This^^^

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Not a huge Midway fan boi, but for some recent orders, of in stock items, Midway shipped in a day or two. Midsouth took a week to ship.

So some of Midway's higher price seems to be in getting more people to pack and ship.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    FWIW: I ordered a paperweight, on sale, from MidwayUSA in December that shipped the next day. Two days later it was in Hagerstown. Then it spent the next 2 1/2 weeks traveling through the Eastern Shore via the USPS. It's a summer project, but still kinda funny how messed up the mail was this Christmas.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Just wait until your birthday to re-coup some of that money. Midway is still the only place that offers a birthday discount for something like 10 days before and after your birthday. I forgot to take advantage of that this year :(

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Just wait until your birthday to re-coup some of that money. Midway is still the only place that offers a birthday discount for something like 10 days before and after your birthday. I forgot to take advantage of that this year :(

And I’m trying to save money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look at Midway, Brownells, powder valley and about 6 more online retailers multiple times a day. Most have raised their prices...there are a few factors..most have to do with the scalpers and gougers, but in case you live in a cave somewhere you've noticed the price of fuel has gone up quite a bit so moving products from manufacturers to distribution facilities to retailers has gone up. It should be expected that the price of everything will go up.

Gasoline was $2.11 on election day. It's $2.75 now. Diesel is up over $3 and expected to climb. I saw one article that predicts gas over $3.50 on average by summer...that means some places will be well over $4...and Congress is debating a 40 cent a gallon tax increase..

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    The thing I keep coming back to is it really sucks that Walmart decided to get out of this business right in the middle of it. I feel like they would be a stabilizing force to keep prices low and the manufacturers wouldn't mess with them on contracts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom