• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I remember the clinton primer scare of the mid 90's, and have stocked accordingly. I remember paying $19 per k for srp primers that were stickered $16 and very happy to get them. This was when you could buy Winchester .224, 55 grain fmj's bullets for $27k.

This, also BPS had about 35-40 trays of Winchester small pistol magnum primers at lunch time today. I grabbed 5. Because why the heck not?

I've found a few places that had magnum primers..Not what I'm looking for. I only reload one magnum caliber .357 and have plenty of small magnum pistol. I need what everyone else needs...small pistol and small rifle.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Wow... those are INSANE prices! I can't believe people are actually buying for that amount!!!

I only recently got started reloading. I've got a couple hundred large and another couple hundred small rifle primers and always keep my eye open for more. When we go to the lake I try to stop at a local place up there that usually has at least some supplies.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I've found a few places that had magnum primers..Not what I'm looking for. I only reload one magnum caliber .357 and have plenty of small magnum pistol. I need what everyone else needs...small pistol and small rifle.

Have you ever tried mag primers in place of std? I’ve tested in several calibers by reducing load by 10% and working back up. Some loads I find no change, some I find slight additional velocity, and many instances I find much better SD. My 357sig is one that loves mag primers.

YMMV

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Things are bad enough that I actually wrote shell scripts to give me the jump on when MSS restocks. :P

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Have you ever tried mag primers in place of std? I’ve tested in several calibers by reducing load by 10% and working back up. Some loads I find no change, some I find slight additional velocity, and many instances I find much better SD. My 357sig is one that loves mag primers.

YMMV

I’ve heard that a lot too. I was tempted to get more, but I lucked out and bought a fair number from another member not long ago for SPP. I really wanted them in case I get that .357 lever gun I’ve been wanting for awhile. I likely can’t run through my other supplies for years even if I start reloading more often than I have been (been busy with house construction projects and will be for a few more weeks. And too busy with hunting added in).

Since I’d only had one tray...that didn’t fill me with warmness.

This morning I scored 5k SPP. I got home and opened the box- they were LPP. I went back and the guy was gone. Supposedly he is there every Saturday morning, so I will track him down next week.
    In the meanwhile, if any of you want them, I have 5000 Wolf LPP for $175, which is pre-panic pricing of $35/1000. I will not break it up. Sell them all to one guy/gal or return them next week.

I just notified the primer seller and he will refund your money.
    He is an honest seller and this was an honest mistake.

Thanks Skip.
    I'm sure it was an honest mistake. The RSO and badge processing lady said the same thing about his honesty. You saw how giddy I was thinking I just grabbed 5k SPP at pre-panic pricing.
    I threw them into the classifieds in case someone wants bulk LPP at almost pre panic prices. If not, I will see him next Saturday morning.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Grouper, Skip, is there a secret mask position needed to meet this seller, lol.
    Yeah, neighbor asked me yesterday why am I not shooting as much lately, keepn’ my powder dry. This hobby has a cyclical hunting season, the components market dried up much quicker this time.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Grouper, Skip, is there a secret mask position needed to meet this seller, lol.
    Yeah, neighbor asked me yesterday why am I not shooting as much lately, keepn’ my powder dry. This hobby has a cyclical hunting season, the components market dried up much quicker this time.

No Secret. Just show up at AGC any Saturday morning.
    I have no idea what he has to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom