• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Speaking of coyotes. I think someone was making a statement.

Attachments

• C9A04FF8-5D79-440F-A174-2203AE27F3B1.jpg
      C9A04FF8-5D79-440F-A174-2203AE27F3B1.jpg
      255.3 KB · Views: 325

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    The weather guys seem to think slightly warmer then avg with around avg snowfall. I've noticed more wildlife foraging then normal the past 2 months and it has been 5 years since central md got a good snow storm so we are due.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I'm really hoping for snow, especially with new owners over at Timberline in the highlands of WV, but as warm as it's been this year during the rut, I'm not going to expect anything but a mild winter again.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    We don't really do winter in central MD anymore. We may get snow, but we'll struggle to stay below 50 degrees for longer than a few weeks.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I'm really hoping for snow, especially with new owners over at Timberline in the highlands of WV, but as warm as it's been this year during the rut, I'm not going to expect anything but a mild winter again.

Its been trending warmer the past 3 years. Usually up here where I am we get our first snow in October and half the month of November has snow on the ground. We haven't had our first accumulating snow yet or daytime temperatures below freezing which is way warmer than normal.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Its been trending warmer the past 3 years. Usually up here where I am we get our first snow in October and half the month of November has snow on the ground. We haven't had our first accumulating snow yet or daytime temperatures below freezing which is way warmer than normal.

I was afraid of that. It was nice and comfortable when we were up at Black Bear in June and then Timberline in July, but it was getting to the point where AC would have been welcomed come August which has rarely been the case in my experience.

So long as it can get and stay below 37 during the winter months, that should actually mean a little more snow since the air will be warm enough to hold moisture, but if those highs start creeping up to 40*F or above, it's going to be a wet and miserable winter all across Appalachia which can potentially mean a sub-par spring rafting season down-stream.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    The squirrels in my neighborhood are heavier and thicker-coated than I've ever seen them in the past 30+ years. My Virginia mountain family always used to say that was "a sign" foretelling a hard winter.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    The squirrels in my neighborhood are heavier and thicker-coated than I've ever seen them in the past 30+ years. My Virginia mountain family always used to say that was "a sign" foretelling a hard winter.

Now we’re fat shaming squirrels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom