• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    My last Form 4 went pending Jan 4 2012... (Mailed Dec 14th). The calculator says 2% chance of July, 60% August and the rest Sept....!

I was expecting sometime in June! Are they really running this far behind! I was really hoping to get out for some summer shooting with it!

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    My last Form 4 went pending Jan 4 2012... (Mailed Dec 14th). The calculator says 2% chance of July, 60% August and the rest Sept....!

I was expecting sometime in June! Are they really running this far behind! I was really hoping to get out for some summer shooting with it!

Same here. I went pending on Jan 7 and 17th and was hoping for June. All hope was lost when I used the calculator.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Same here. I went pending on Jan 7 and 17th and was hoping for June. All hope was lost when I used the calculator.

A little under 7 months from mail in date for the two suppressors that were just approved. My SBRs are still pending due to the forms I had to send back. The RA told me that they are staying somewhat steady at around 6months after pending.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Just a heads up fellas, some of you may already know this but listing more than one caliber in 4c is not accepted as it was previously. You have to place additional calibers in 4h. I received this letter with my forms back. I talked to the RA Edna over the phone and she said those are the new rules. Good thing is that she will put the forms back in the Analysts' work load for that day when she receives them back.

Just called to check on my Form4 and guess what, PROBLEM STATUS! :mad54:

Same issue with mine. Looks like Ill be waiting a little longer........

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Just called to check on my Form4 and guess what, PROBLEM STATUS! :mad54:

Same issue with mine. Looks like Ill be waiting a little longer........

OK this is gonna suck. On one of my Form 4s Section 4c list the caliber as "9/22" I believe. The other just list the caliber as "9mm".

Guess one of mine might be coming back as well. We will see.

ARGH! Hopefully reprossessing will be faster.

Dave

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    OK this is gonna suck. On one of my Form 4s Section 4c list the caliber as "9/22" I believe. The other just list the caliber as "9mm".

Guess one of mine might be coming back as well. We will see.

ARGH! Hopefully reprossessing will be faster.

Dave

I hate to say it, but it will likely be sent back to you for amendment.
    Why they can't just make the change themselves makes no sense to me. But, this is the system that we unfortunately have to work with.

I'll let you know what happens with mine.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I hate to say it, but it will likely be sent back to you for amendment.
    Why they can't just make the change themselves makes no sense to me. But, this is the system that we unfortunately have to work with.

I'll let you know what happens with mine.

Kool, thanks. I am curious, if I have to send mine back, how long it will take to approve after the ammendment. Hopefully not to long. Guess I have about one more month to find out. Figuring mid July for the stamps to arrive.

Dave

Revvin' Evan

Oct 17, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Just got a form 4 back for the Octane 9HD. My 9mm sbr is now whole.

sent: 11/8
    delivered: 11/10
    check cashed: 11/15
    stamp received: 6/1
    examiner: Dana Pickles

8d72a443.jpg

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Kool, thanks. I am curious, if I have to send mine back, how long it will take to approve after the ammendment.
    Dave
    No idea. Hopefully not long. I'll keep you updated with mine. And maybe ViperRy will chime in too.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Just checked and had another stamp approved. :D

Item - MG (Uzi bolt)
    Pending - 12/01/11
    Approved - 5/31/12

Hopefully the stamp will arrive in the next few days.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    No idea. Hopefully not long. I'll keep you updated with mine. And maybe ViperRy will chime in too.

I've done some more research and someone had the analyst white out additional calibers in 4c and the write them in 4h, now I they are sending forms back. It would have been nice if the NFA branch put out a formal bulletin instead of placing forms in problem status and relying on word of mouth to spread.

As to when you'll see your paperwork back, all I can tell you is that from my conversation, the RA stated once the NFA branch receives your forms back, it will take a couple days to reach the RA's desk and they will put it in the analyst's work load for that day (I'm guessing that means it should be approved that day).

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    I called a left a message this morning to get the status of my suppressor. Paperwork was sent in towards the end of February. I'll update when I receive my status.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Kool, thanks. I am curious, if I have to send mine back, how long it will take to approve after the ammendment. Hopefully not to long. Guess I have about one more month to find out. Figuring mid July for the stamps to arrive.

Dave

It should be approved within a couple days of receipt. I've had few Forms that needed corrections and they were always turned around quickly.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Update: I called about the SBR that I got my forms back on. I mailed them out last Wednesday, they went back to pending today. Will be approved within 30 days.

I sent my 9mm dedicated SBR in at the same time, no problem on that one, but still pending. I guess they were waiting to approve both at the same time.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I already had an Uzi SBR and the price was right on the registered bolt.
    Makes sense. I was more thinking that you were sacrificing the opportunity for a .22LR conversion, but, hell, money is money.

I'm completely in NFA hell right now (6 forms in progress, and one of those is a form 3, so another six months after that gets back). *sigh* Almost bought jawn's suppressor from the classifieds, but decided I didn't want to deal with tying up another $400 of my money.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Just got an update for a form 4 trust. I went pending on March 29th, 2012 and the they said I should expect approval by the end of September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom