What's your straight walled cartridge deer rig?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Just ordered a 20" Bushmaster 450 Bushmaster upper from Midway this weekend. It's supposed to arrive this week. Scope shopping now.

Have you tried your mag yet ? Mine will not seat in any lower I have except one. The one is a forged Engage lower out of all things. Tried on all the rest from couple different manufactures.

Of course Midway customer service being lackluster will not just exchange the mag. It has been cleaned, scope mounted and bore sighted so do not feel like undoing all of that as they require me to ship everything back, which is a joke.

Guess will have to order some from Primary Arms and not shop Midway unless have to.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Have you tried your mag yet ? Mine will not seat in any lower I have except one. The one is a forged Engage lower out of all things. Tried on all the rest from couple different manufactures.

Of course Midway customer service being lackluster will not just exchange the mag. It has been cleaned, scope mounted and bore sighted so do not feel like undoing all of that as they require me to ship everything back, which is a joke.

Guess will have to order some from Primary Arms and not shop Midway unless have to.

Is your mag the 5 round CMMG mag Midway is selling? Reason I ask is my lower is the Engage lower as well and I just ordered the mags for my .350 upper!

dlharsh

Feb 13, 2010
    Windsor Mill
    450 Bushmaster

Picked up a 2019 Bergara Premier Approach in 450 Bushmaster on clearance a couple of months back as my straight wall cartridge. Finally got it to the range and was really impressed. Tried 250 grain Winchesters and 250 grain Hornady Black. They shot to different points but both shot great. After shooting the Hornady I shot another Winchester round just to check and it hit the same as before.

Attachments

• 20201014_162924.jpg
      20201014_162924.jpg
      50.1 KB · Views: 291

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Picked up a 2019 Bergara Premier Approach in 450 Bushmaster on clearance a couple of months back as my straight wall cartridge. Finally got it to the range and was really impressed. Tried 250 grain Winchesters and 250 grain Hornady Black. They shot to different points but both shot great. After shooting the Hornady I shot another Winchester round just to check and it hit the same as before.

Nice group. Good Luck on your harvest!

sino26

Mar 5, 2013
    Columbia

No issues with the mag. 5d tactical billet lower. It seats easily. I haven't tried it with any other lowers.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Is your mag the 5 round CMMG mag Midway is selling? Reason I ask is my lower is the Engage lower as well and I just ordered the mags for my .350 upper!

It is not, it is the Bushmaster branded one. I ordered 2 Duramag from Primary’s as read some good reviews and all function flawlessly. The Bushmaster mag will sit on standby.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    It is not, it is the Bushmaster branded one. I ordered 2 Duramag from Primary’s as read some good reviews and all function flawlessly. The Bushmaster mag will sit on standby.

The CMMG 5 rounders work flawlessly on my engage lower. Bore sighting my set up as we speak.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    The CMMG 5 rounders work flawlessly on my engage lower. Bore sighting my set up as we speak.

Got mine to the range and was super impressed. Tried the Winchester Silver box deer rounds and MOA, then tried Hornady Black, same story and almost same POI. Just off slightly but still very close. Not sure what I was suspecting but recoil was not bad at all. Looking forward to getting in the woods with it.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Finally got it to the range on Friday. Scope was pretty close @ 50 after bore sighting. Here is what it did with Hornady 325 grain Leverevolution. Recoil is a bit heavy but manageable.

Love the LeverEvolution 325s.

I bought a box of the 250gr just to try. They consistently landed 6" high at 100 yards.

Might have to buy another box and see how they do at 200.

1895G is an awesome little rifle.

Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    Thanks to the geniuses in Annapolis I can use an AR-15 in .350 Legend to hunt deer but my 130 year old Martini Henry in 577-450 doesn't qualify. My black powder cartridges duplicate a 45-70 Trapdoor Springfield load but the terminology won't allow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom