Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    21bfc91dc60d264929d57ea0a59a51c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Damn. I remember walking by an MP5SD for $7500 in 1995'ish.

If I could go back in time to 1984, I'd buy 100 RDIAS

Only 100???

Heck, I was looking at a full auto AUG in the mid-90s for about $2K at Walter's Gun Chamber. I thought it was pretty wild that a FA version was cheaper than an SA version.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I can’t wait to get something in FA, I’ve never gotten the chance to shoot one yet.

It is mostly a novelty I think, but others often disagree.

Firearms I believe are worth the hype in full auto:

Ma deuce
    240b
    MK46
    Swedish K
    AK74
    Glock 18
    MP7
    MK19 (the best)
    Any rotary machine gun/mini gun
    I hear the Kriss Vector but haven’t tried one F/A

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    It is mostly a novelty I think, but others often disagree.
    Firearms I believe are worth the hype in full auto:

Ma deuce
    240b
    MK46
    Swedish K
    AK74
    Glock 18
    MP7
    MK19 (the best)
    Any rotary machine gun/mini gun
    I hear the Kriss Vector but haven’t tried one F/A

Really, this must be the oddest list I have ever seen. There are many successful Machine guns not on this list and then you have the Glock 18, which pretty much universally is said to be a novelty. I grant there are some Novelty type MGs, but they are mostly Machine Pistols and rarely LMGs or Heavy MGs. I could see even tossing Battle rifles into to that group but not Assault rifles...

I know my chances of getting one are really quite slim but I would LOVE a 1919, mg42 or m60

Why are they really slim? A 1919 is not out of range of most people. I have seen better deals getting below the teens on them and they are easy to get at about $14-15k. Yeah its a lot of money but if you would really Love to have one, you should be able to save, sell off some other stuff and wait for a good deal to come along. My friend got into one for $11k once he sold off the extras it came with. Sure a MG42 and a M60 are a lot lot more... but the 1919a4 is doable and is very common and a great choice.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Really, this must be the oddest list I have ever seen. There are many successful Machine guns not on this list and then you have the Glock 18, which pretty much universally is said to be a novelty. I grant there are some Novelty type MGs, but they are mostly Machine Pistols and rarely LMGs or Heavy MGs. I could see even tossing Battle rifles into to that group but not Assault rifles...

Why are they really slim? A 1919 is not out of range of most people. I have seen better details getting below the teens and they are easy to get at about $15k. Yeah its a lot of money but if you would really Love to have one, you should be able to save, sell off some other stuff and wait for a good deal to come along. My friend got into one for $11k once he sold off the extras it came with. Sure a MG42 and a M60 are a lot lot more... but the 1919a4 is doable and is very common and a great choice.

Shitttt I might just get one then, I’m in the process of trying to save for a lot of stuff right now at the same time as building my ammo and firearm collection. (I’m trying to buy a house very soon).

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV

Why are they really slim? A 1919 is not out of range of most people. I have seen better deals getting below the teens on them and they are easy to get at about $14-15k. Yeah its a lot of money but if you would really Love to have one, you should be able to save, sell off some other stuff and wait for a good deal to come along. My friend got into one for $11k once he sold off the extras it came with. Sure a MG42 and a M60 are a lot lot more... but the 1919a4 is doable and is very common and a great choice.

But that surprises me that you can get them for that “cheap”. I definitely would have thought they would be closer to the $30k+ range.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    My list is part “useful, have/would use for work”, part “novelty”. If you like I can categorize which ones go where.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Ya I’d be curious

Useful:
    Ma deuce
    240b
    MK46
    Mini gun of any type

Marginal:
    AK74
    MP7

Novelty:
    Swedish K
    Glock 18

Undecided but interested in trying out:
    Kriss Vector

Here is a list of everything else select fire that I can recall shooting:
    M16a2, M16A1, m4a1, MK18, H&K416, MP5, MP5K, MP5SD, M2 Grease Gun, Thompson, Sterling, Suomi, MK48, PKm (a fantastic belt fed but it beats your face up with the standard stock, loses out on fun factor), 249, Vz58, CZ Bren, Tantal, AK-47/AKm, Colt 9mm, RPK, M14, Uzi 9mm, Vityaz, H&K G3, AR10, P90. Maybe some others?

If you want to shoot with the giggle switch, by all means do it. Just try to do it 3-4 different times before you invest in the hobby. And be honest with yourself what you’ll actually be doing with your investments. IMBLITZVT LOVES it, and is super passionate about it. I’m not. If select fire firearms cost what they are worth instead of being collectible thanks to the stupid Hughes amendment, I would be a much stronger advocate for them. Everyone needs a belt fed for the end of the world, trust me.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Useful:
    Ma deuce
    240b
    MK46
    Mini gun of any type

Marginal:
    AK74
    MP7

Novelty:
    Swedish K
    Glock 18

Undecided but interested in trying out:
    Kriss Vector

Here is a list of everything else select fire that I can recall shooting:
    M16a2, M16A1, m4a1, MK18, H&K416, MP5, MP5K, MP5SD, M2 Grease Gun, Thompson, Sterling, Suomi, MK48, PKm (a fantastic belt fed but it beats your face up with the standard stock, loses out on fun factor), 249, Vz58, CZ Bren, Tantal, AK-47/AKm, Colt 9mm, RPK, M14, Uzi 9mm, Vityaz, H&K G3, AR10, P90. Maybe some others?

If you want to shoot with the giggle switch, by all means do it. Just try to do it 3-4 different times before you invest in the hobby. And be honest with yourself what you’ll actually be doing with your investments. IMBLITZVT LOVES it, and is super passionate about it. I’m not. If select fire firearms cost what they are worth instead of being collectible thanks to the stupid Hughes amendment, I would be a much stronger advocate for them. Everyone needs a belt fed for the end of the world, trust me.

Could get a belt fed AR upper and a DIAS but I’m certain in saying we all would like to see NFA and GCA repealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom